What's new

Should I be concerned...

n00bie

Reaction score
After many times and many years idiots pulled the hose and broke the breakaways, the boom is cracked and that swivel is bent. As you can see that the swivel is bent like 15 degree. It was not that bad until i had a welder welded the crack (you can see the new welding around the square box). It bothered me the way it look, and I am afraid it might fall down. What do you guys think?
I think that boom is this version

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Someone hit the boom to bend it like that. The spindle will have to be replaced. This is the correct one:

Edit: That boom is wrecked. You need to replace it all. The one you linked is made by JE Adams, it's not quite as stout but it's basically the same.

All the check valves on the manifold above the boom are wrong. You should be using a valve rated for more pressure, then you will have a lot fewer problems.

n00bie

Reaction score
Dawn it! So that spindle is bent, should I only just get the Dralco mount base from your link and re-use the arm? Do you think it will fit and easy to take out if I do that? If I have to replace it all, can you link me to the stout one? I see few different type

Ahh, thanks for point out on those check valves Mep

MEP001

Reaction score
The arm looks damaged too. If someone pulls down on it, it will get wedged and might not spring back up. I don't see the Dralco boom assembly on Kleen-Rite's site. Since the spindle mount is welded up there, it won't be easy to replace. I use the heavy 12 gauge Unistrut to mount them and I bolt everything up. I have the Dralco one for $580, no shipping.

As badly as that is bent, you may have a lot of trouble getting the arm off the spindle.

n00bie

Reaction score
Gotcha. I will message you for the Dralco. I need to contact the welder, he is so busy with his job. Do you know someone doing this job Mep?

MEP001

Reaction score
Gotcha. I will message you for the Dralco. I need to contact the welder, he is so busy with his job. Do you know someone doing this job Mep?
I would have to see the whole roof to tell if it's something I could do by drilling and running the heavy gauge Unistrut. I still haven't learned to weld, and I wouldn't weld it back the way it is now. I know a welder, probably the one who erected the steel of your wash, but he's also too busy to take a small job like that.

n00bie

Reaction score
I would have to see the whole roof to tell if it's something I could do by drilling and running the heavy gauge Unistrut. I still haven't learned to weld, and I wouldn't weld it back the way it is now. I know a welder, probably the one who erected the steel of your wash, but he's also too busy to take a small job like that.
I'll try to take some pictures and message you