What's new

Shaping the Future Design of In Bay Automatics Survey

carwashireland

Reaction score
This survey just seems to be about lighting and materials used for aesthetics. Not really useful in knowing what way the iba industry needs to go to move on to the next level as described!

mac

Reaction score
Ireland said it all. What is the point of a happy looking wash if it doesn't clean well.

opendorz

Reaction score
This survey just seems to be about lighting and materials used for aesthetics. Not really useful in knowing what way the iba industry needs to go to move on to the next level as described!
Yes, that is correct. It is about the aesthetics and "experience" of IBA, as stated in my original post. The survey is in no way meant to minimize the importance of actual wash technology or chemical formula enhancements that provide higher quality and/or more efficient cleaning, as well as new cycle options. It does, however, address the influence of equipment and bay appearance and what may be called the "entertainment factor" in determining design trends.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
To a certain extent we are dealing with perception. I have seen people continue to use a wash even with mediocre to poor results because they perceived it was a good wash. In the best of both worlds a wash performs well and meets the customer's perception of quality. The challenge is to meet the needs of quality and a positive wash experience.

Etowah

carwashireland

Reaction score
I see a lot of European manufacturers now adopting a matt black finish on the equipment. I often thought that this will probably not look great when chemicals and limescale sit on the surface. I was right - they look bloody awful in no time. When designing equipment, considering the long term aesthetics also are important. Operators do not want to spend 2 hrs a week washing the wash!