What's new

Shampoo/Vac Help Needed

Etowah

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought some coleman combos that I am rehabbing and I am having the hardest time with this Shampoo/Vac

Upon turning on the breaker the 1034R timer displays the following:

Wait

Flashes 1:00 (motors fire up for 1 sec then shut off)

R2.54

SVAC

this cycle keeps on repeating....Im trying to test the vac motors but I can't get this thing to stay on. Any advice??? Or what am I missing, thanks!

slash007

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad timer. Those are prone to doing bad. Have another you can swap it with to confirm?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks Slash....i checked it with other working timers and it does the same thing. Just got the timers back from B&C Electronics (manf.) so they checked them out did some minor repairs so I think Im good timer wise.

Wayne there did say the only way he could mimic what I was explaining was with a faulty level switch on the shampoo reservoir. Filled it with shampoo and still nothing???

slash007

Reaction score
If the level switch is faulty, filling it won't make a difference. Just bypass it and you will know. Take a wire and jump it between the two leads that come from the level switch. I do that when it's faulty and I'm waiting for it to empty out so that I can replace it, but have never seen it cause the timer to behave that way.

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe the level switch is shorted to ground instead of shorted closed. Try unhooking the wires from the switch altogether and just wire nut the leads together. Follow the wires the best you can to make sure nothing is pinched and shorted to metal.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas guys I will give it a shot tomorrow and see what I can come up with

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Update: Figured out the problem....wasnt getting constant power 24V ac to the vac and timer. My guy said he checked it but apparently he didnt check it correctly. Everything working good now...thanks for the replies and ideas