What's new

Shampoo Combo Vac Coming on without choosing option.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am really scratching my head here at this point. I would call my Coleman distributor in but I am confident that they would not be any help on this.
1. Tried 4 different timers all with different versions of B&C software and a couple that are working in other units.
2. Replaced PBC board from a non combo vac but made sure that it was programmed correctly for SVAC (I think it was AUX 2)
3. Replaced keypad.

The vac will start immediately after getting 4 coins or a $1 bill from the bill acceptor instead of waiting for user to hit "1' or "7" on keyboard.

Now that I have tried a parts replacement approach to this I need to go down the more traditional route and use a volt meter to troubleshoot the problem. My problem is that I do not have a clear understanding of the inputs and outputs on the 1034S timer and after studying the schematics I am still not sure where to start. I am assuming that after $1 is inserted a signal is sent to the PBC that let's the "1" button function but not the "7" button and that after $2.50 is inserted a similar low voltage (24V AC) signal is sent to PBC board that allows the "7" button to function. I am assuming that the unit is receiving some type of trace voltage that is energizing the vac after only receiving $1. I have some knowledge on troubleshooting with a volt meter. I am assuming I would take one lead to the common on the terminal strip and the other to the gray and then the purple wire on the timer and see what is energized when. I was considering swapping out the entire wiring harness but this would be a rather tedious job. Any help in getting this up and running again would be helpful. Also, any explanation on the inputs and outputs on the 1034S timer would be helpful. My understanding is that it is exactly the same as a Dixmor LED 6S timer.

Thanks,
Buzzie

Buzzie8

Reaction score
This is laughable, but I think I figured it out. When my other combo vac ran out of shampoo and the red light was blinking on the front. On a whim, I put a dollar in and just like the vac/shampooer combo that I thought was broken, the vac kicked on and did not wait for me to choose or add more money. So after hours of troubleshooting, it came down to a burned out light bulb that notifies you when the shampoo is depleted. Dah!