What's new

Setting up foam brush and triple foam

APW

Reaction score
When setting up foam brush and triple foam, should I turn all four bays on at the same time and then adjust? I have flojets for both foam brush and triple foam. Both mix in a foam chamber above each bay. I use Warsaw chemicals. What would be a good liquid and air pressure setting for these two systems?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Unlikely that all bays will be using fb or tri-foam simultaneously. Set each bay individually, then test 2 or 3 at a time to check quality of delivery.

Start with 50 psi pump pressure and 25 psi air assist. Adjust the air assist up or down 2 psi at a time until you're satisfied...remembering that it takes a minute or so for adjustments to show up at the bay.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
My tri-foam uses a procon set @ 80 psi mixed with 60 psi of air. I don't know how the procon and Flojet compare when it comes to pressures? The two are mixed above each bay...It works pretty good at these settings.

Ditto what CB80 said for the FB.

I also use Warsaw Chemicals...Pretty good stuff plus the distributor is great to work with.

MEP001

Reaction score
If each line to the bay has its own adjustment, you should be able to adjust one bay to your liking with the pressures set where it works for you, then adjust the other bays one at a time without changing any of the pressures.

I run about the same pressures as cantbreak80 and 2Biz - I prefer low pressure settings on the foam brush so it won't spit liquid when it first comes on.

I have turned on all six bays at once with foam brush, and the foam stayed the same as I had set it one bay at a time. I don't recall if I've tried it with the tri-foam, but I've seen four bays being used at once and it didn't seem to change.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You didn't say if you had needle valves on the solenoid. I would try something different than what was sugggested.

Flo jets at 40 and Air 10. Gradualy increase air - 2 PSI intervals. As suggested wait 2 minutes after each adjustment to see the result.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
A flojet has a max output rating of 5 gpm. Theres no way you'll come close to using that volume so you shouldn't see much (if any) variation between one or all the bays running at the same time. If all 4 of my bays are running FB, I'm not even close to using 1 gpm of soap...