What's new

Seperated Chemicals

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I stock up on my bay chemicals and some of them seperate while in storage. What is the best way to remix them? I tried a paint mixer, but it is too large to fit through the openings. Other than a homemade mixer that I can attach to a drill, is there anything else out there?

Keno

Reaction score
What size are the containers? They make drum mixers that attach to a drill and fit in the hole of a 55 gallon drum, and I am sure others too. They are a little pricey.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
What size are the containers? They make drum mixers that attach to a drill and fit in the hole of a 55 gallon drum, and I am sure others too. They are a little pricey.
I have one but it's too large for the hole in the KR 5 gallon containers.

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe can home make something similar to this concept for the 5 gallon container.

I made a similar mixer to stir a 55 gallon drum. I cut a flat piece off a sheet of stainless and twisted it into a propeller, drilled a hole in the center, and attached it to a piece of threaded rod. It made enough movement of the fluid that I had trouble holding onto it or it would pull itself to the bottom of the drum.

My question, how do you deal with the foam when mixing soaps and other foaming chemicals?
If by mixing you mean stirring with a propeller chucked into a drill, it won't foam because you aren't introducing air. I mix my tire cleaner, presoak, and foam brush. I cut a transmission funnel so about a half inch will fit into a piece of 3/4" PVC with it cut to let the funnel just touch the bung and the bottom cut at a 45° angle and long enough to sit on the bottom. I have no problem pouring 15 gallons of foam brush soap into a 15 gallon drum without it foaming, and I can pour it almost as fast as it will flow.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
Once they separate you can't get them back into solution, been there and done that. Call KR and pitch a bitch they should make it right. I stopped using KR chemicals for that very reason, they'll separate. I went to JBS chemicals and Simoniz Correct for my Presoak.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't have the capacity to make my own mixer, You have to mix it very slow to prevent the foaming.
It will not foam when you mix it unless you intentionally lift your mixing blade to the top and let it aerate the chemical.

If you can cut metal with a grinder and drill a hole in a piece of metal, you can make your own mixer that will fit into the opening of Kleen-Rite's five gallon jug. If you're really in need of something and can't or refuse to try and make one, PM me and I will make you the blade and mail it to you. All you'll need from there is a piece of threaded rod and a couple of nuts.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Once they separate you can't get them back into solution, been there and done that. Call KR and pitch a bitch they should make it right. I stopped using KR chemicals for that very reason, they'll separate. I went to JBS chemicals and Simoniz Correct for my Presoak.
I use JBS fonic wash, but mostly the rest is KR in the bays. The tire and wheel cleaner is the worst. We try to flip over the pails every so often when we remember.

Randy

Reaction score
We've had separation problems with the KR ultra-concentrate line and the Simoniz Tropical Bay line. You can shake it up and it’ll go back into solution and the next day it’ll have drop out. The only products we use from Simoniz now are the Cherry Glo wax and Correct presoak. I bitched to KR and they replaced it all with JBS Fonic wash.

mac

Reaction score
Two things cause this, either cheap chemicals or water getting in to the tank. You can check the quality by just pouring some into a bucket and watching it. A simple check valve compatible with the chemical will stop any water back feeding.

Randy

Reaction score
Two things cause this, either cheap chemicals or water getting in to the tank. You can check the quality by just pouring some into a bucket and watching it. A simple check valve compatible with the chemical will stop any water back feeding.
Mac I don’t think you get it. The soap isn’t separating in the tank, it’s separating in the bucket before they are opened and when stir or shake it up it’ll go back into solution but will then drop out after a few day or sometimes overnight. I gave up on the KR branded chemicals years ago for this very reason.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
PM me and I will make you the blade and mail it to you.
Ha.... Don't believe him. I've been waiting for him to mail me parts he's owed me for SEVEN MONTHS. He just gives me one excuse after another and a promise that the parts are coming.

Hate to make it public MEP, but I'm tired of it.

mac

Reaction score
Welcome to our business. Who do you trust?

MEP001

Reaction score
Ha.... Don't believe him. I've been waiting for him to mail me parts he's owed me for SEVEN MONTHS. He just gives me one excuse after another and a promise that the parts are coming.

Hate to make it public MEP, but I'm tired of it.
I offered to sent you some money instead and you said no.

I f**ked up my back about a year ago, and now it's agony to stand in front of a meter box for five minutes changing out a coin acceptor. That's why I haven't pulled out that one to send you, either I'm busy somewhere else or I dread getting started. I can't send you both the used ones I promised because I still haven't gotten the new ones I ordered to replace it. These are not excuses, I'm not bullshitting you, these are the facts.

Now I offer to send someone to help them out, something I can zap out in a few minutes while sitting down, and you do this.

mac

Reaction score
Ah the saga continues.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
It will not foam when you mix it unless you intentionally lift your mixing blade to the top and let it aerate the chemical.

If you can cut metal with a grinder and drill a hole in a piece of metal, you can make your own mixer that will fit into the opening of Kleen-Rite's five gallon jug. If you're really in need of something and can't or refuse to try and make one, PM me and I will make you the blade and mail it to you. All you'll need from there is a piece of threaded rod and a couple of nuts.
Thanks MEP, years ago I made homemade mixing blades to stir chemical tanks when I worked in aerospace. Since I lack a garage I don't have much materials to work with. I'll look around and get a small piece of stainless and make one and give it a shot.

MEP001

Reaction score
The last time I made one I used a piece off a stainless kickplate for a door. I used a pair of crescent wrenches to bend it into a paddle.

MEP001

Reaction score
That won't fit through the opening in a 5 gallon square jug.