What's new

Sensortron

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the little arm in the top of the coin path does on a Sensortron?

MEP001

Reaction score
It controls the speed of the coin through the sensor chute.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Thanks...I figured it had a useful job to do rather than causing coin jams! It doesn't happen often, but I generally find its stuck, causing the jam...I had one jam today and put a set screw in the brass insert to lock it open. The acceptor seems to still work ok and pulse correctly.

Why would it hurt to leave it that way?

I found the technical manual after posting. It says the arm is to guard against slugs by adding weight to the arm...I'm having a hard time figuring that one out?!?! It didn't say anything about controlling the speed of the coin.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's what I was told years ago. From what I understand, if you're getting slugs and can't tune them out with the adjustment, you would add a weighted screw to the end of the arm that would stop the coins and slugs at the top of the chute so they drop slower and give a better chance of proper discrimination.

I've had them hang before, almost always because crud gets in it. You can take out the pivot screw and slide the arm out to clean it and the path.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I took the arm out yesterday and cleaned it, but the problem was in the metal behind the arm. It is rough making the arm hang up. Also seems there wasn't enough clearance for the arm to pivot freely??? I'll do surgery on it again today and see if I can get it to work better. I may have to replace it and completely disassemble it to polish up the coin path. It is rough from years of coins sliding down the metal frame.