What's new

Sell out

water guy

Reaction score
Did Zippys Carwash and Sonnys Tunnel Carwash sell out to another company?

BBE

Reaction score
macneil/ryko sold again, this time to a private equity firm, they announced it the first day of the ICA show in vegas earlier this month. Sonny's sold a portion of their company a while back. I can't tell you about zip's. Last I heard they were looking to grow, and grow fast. They want to catch up to mister carwash. They even had a booth at the ICA show with nothing but pamphlets there about calling them if you are looking to sell.

mac

Reaction score
So the times they are a changing. I find it curious when a company changes hands a lot, like Ryko. Just a curious business model. Mark 7 is also doing strange things, at least here in FL. They are literally giving their machines away. I think that in a year or two the landscape will look quite different.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Ryko grew and changed management through private equity. MacNeil was acquired because Rocket wasn’t suited for retail (express).

Reportedly, Istobal and WashTec (owns Mark VII) grew by about 20 percent over last two years.

Why? Both companies have developed programs and network of service providers to complete against Ryko and PDQ.

Who is winning at gas sites? For example, in Florida, most new convenience stores and gas sites don’t even have a carwash. What’s happening with self-serve? Not much.

“I think that in a year or two the landscape will look quite different.”

I agree.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
I have been looking on the web for information on the Ryko/Macneal sale...can't find it. Can you cite a source for me? Please and thank you!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
They are called NCS National Car Wash Solutions

https://www.pehub.com/2017/04/aea-recaps-national-carwash-solutions/#