What's new

Self service Armor All chemicals

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Does any on the users on this form use Armor All chemicals in the Self Service bays or Automatics
Trying a new chemical guy just picked up the high pressure soap in Watermelon and man it smells good and is concentrated good but is it worth the price at 460.00 for 20gallons and my other is ECP Platinum TNT at 334.00 for 30gallons I was using a blue tip with Platinum and now using a Orange Tip with Armor All. Any help would be awesome thanks. Trying to figure whats cost effective. With Hydrominders.

Eric H

Reaction score
I had been using some of their products a few years back. I am still using their Cherry White FB soap but may order form another supplier when it runs out. The problem I had was the local distribution warehouse (50 miles away) did not always have a full supply of what I needed and would hold the order until it could ship complete. It wasn't a huge problem but....they closed the local warehouse and now distribute out of PA. Now the orders take longer to ship and are still delayed if they do not have one item. That was almost 2 years ago, things may have changed again.
The reason I stayed with them as long as I did was that I had an excellent sales rep. He moved to another state and the guy that took over has not contacted me in a couple of years.
I did not care for the watermelon HP and switched to an Armor All tunnel prep product that cleaned really well and had the show I was looking for.
BTW: I did get a sales call from Stone Soap recently and took a sample of Liqui-Flo HP and Rainbow Fb I liked the smell, show and cleaning of het products and am considering ordering when my current stock get low

mac

Reaction score
A lot of people don't know that Armor All makes a full line of chemicals. I sell them, and for the most part my customers like them. In a sense they are like many other manufacturers. They make a few really, really good products, many that compete well, and a few so so. You, as the operator, have to be assertive with any supplier. Watch the sales guy (too bad it's never a sales woman) set it up and ask questions. I have found that, especially with the stronger chemicals used for touchless automatics, it takes a couple of days for the new chemical to fully get out to the machine. By that I mean it seems to be cleaning out the old residue, and then it's stronger. Once it's online for a few days, start playing with the dilution tips. Most sales people start off a little strong. Keep cutting it down till you see a difference in performance. One of the real strong points with Armor All is their free signage program. If you convert all of your chemicals to them they will provide free signage, and a replacement part after the first year. The signs are first rate. My customers love getting all new menu signs and banners. Brand recognition plays a part. Don't know the exact part, but it's there.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
The key is getting your money's worth with both price and quality. If you aren't getting a clean, dry vehicle no amount of signage or brand name is going to make you profitable. With chemicals it isn't always you get what you pay for. Use cost is very important as well as quality. If you are willing to pay more for signage or a brand that is your choice however, with a better use cost you can have your own signs made and market your own brand not someone else's. Whether you chose to use a brand name or not all I am saying is that as an operator the choice is yours. Use it to your advantage and make it wisely.

Randy

Reaction score
I tried the Armor all chemical line once. I found the chemicals to be very good but the price is way too high. We went back to the JBS Fonic, buy it from Kleen-Rite at about 1/3 the cost that drum of Armor all soap costs. We’ve never used a chemical rep.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Thanks to all you guys I swear 460.00 for 20 gallons of high pressure is To Freaking high not even 30 they say its more concentrated but i swear maybe a little more cleans good though

MEP001

Reaction score
Thanks to all you guys I swear 460.00 for 20 gallons of high pressure is To Freaking high not even 30 they say its more concentrated but i swear maybe a little more cleans good though
You can't compare the end-use cost of two products based solely on the price of one container.