What's new

Self server air dryers

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have installed 3 Air Logic handheld dryers and they get used every day BUT you have to use a quality drying agent or clearcoat for them to be fully effective, too many times I have visited other washes and the owners skimp on the wax or clearcoat function so then the water doesn't move when using the dryer making it worthless to the customer hense never wanting to use them again.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Does anyone have the issue of people using them like a blower to blow out trash and leaves from the back of a truck?

MEP001

Reaction score
Does anyone have the issue of people using them like a blower to blow out trash and leaves from the back of a truck?
I would think if they're going to do that anyway the high pressure spray would be more effective.

OurTown

Reaction score
Has anyone added handheld dryers inbay and does anyone use them?

We installed a three phase Air Shammee in our busiest bay and it gets used about the same as the foam brush in that bay. We have hour meters on it and each bay's foam brush. The plan is to install them in the other two bays so it's possible that the usage might get spread out some.

OurTown

Reaction score

I have yet to see that and agree with Mep that they would probably use the wand.

wyatt

Reaction score
I've had a lot of success with them. The only problems I've run into are if you have booms, the hose can break at the 90 degree angle (only happens 1-2x per year). And also the fact of just adding an extra boom, careless people will tangle them up.

I've seen some car washes not use booms and just pile up extra hose on the ground but IMO it looks better and functions slightly better with the boom.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If they don't use the Blower they will use the HP or the FB as a Broom.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've had a lot of success with them. The only problems I've run into are if you have booms, the hose can break at the 90 degree angle
Did you add the 90 degree angle to the Boom. We did that and also attach hose via a vac cuff to the boom.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
$71 for that elbow!!! it would be cheaper to have a welder come out and weld a stainless steel elbow on permanently.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've seen where someone used a swivel splicer. They're $3.45
Not sure I get that . I use a regular 2" Cuff, not hose to hose. One end - non threaded end goes over the pipe / end of the elbow and the hose screws into the other end like it would normally - except when it gets warm and air is hotter the hose gets soft and comes out easily. A little duct tape solved that. the 90 degree elbow bend so hose is pointing down takes strain off the hose.

MEP001

Reaction score
The ones I saw it on had a short piece of hose coming out of the unit mounted above the boom, then the swivel, then the hose through the boom was screwed into that and was flexed 90° below the cuff.

Mchas

Reaction score
My inexpensive solution to the 90 degree hose rubbing problem:

Buy those and cut the wide parts off each end. Once you do that they will fit snugly over the metal boom (and use one of the provided clamps to secure it. Then you want a swivel cuff to attach the hose so it will rotate freely. For that, you can use this:

Then to attach this to the rubber 90 degree elbow, just cut a piece of 2" ABS or PVC pipe and put it between the 90 degree elbow and this swivel cuff, using the clamps to hold it in place.

In other words, like this: boom -> 90 degree elbow -> short piece of ABS/PVC pipe -> swivel cuff -> hose

< $15 per boom and helps a ton.