What's new

Self serve tire shine machines near vending

Scrub Free

Reaction score
Is anyone using a self serve tire shine machine outside of the bay, like black diamond or bioshine?
Any reccomendations on a machine?
Is it messy ?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have a Black Diamond located next to one of my 5 vacuums. It's also located at the far east of my lot.

It is an ABSOLUTE mess for little money. Perhaps switching to water based dressing will make it a bit more bearable.

Mbalboni

Reaction score
Is there any money in it? Every self serve customer I get seems to have a milk crate In there trunk filled with wheel cleaner, tire dressing rags and so on. Someone should make a Machine with a air line and paint body shop sprayer. Deposit $ air solenoid turns on and customer can mist paint tire shine on. I probably can make one today for under $100 with stuff in back room

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I was worried about the mess.I have a nice end cap not being used. Just thought it would be a good add on.

chaz

Reaction score
I'd add air first assuming you don't have it. Or maybe a vac/air combo. I was cheap and added air from my main compressor as an option to an existing vac. Customer can use vac air or both for same payment

pgrzes

Reaction score
I had seen one that used a fragrance handle to mist out the tire shine. It used the same tubing and pump from a fragrance machine. They were not around long. I am happy selling pump spray bottles and Black Jack tire shine packets!!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I had seen one that used a fragrance handle to mist out the tire shine. It used the same tubing and pump from a fragrance machine. They were not around long. I am happy selling pump spray bottles and Black Jack tire shine packets!!!
Still have mine - Was made by "Effex" - Out of Service in the building. It used Armor All. Made a mess. Saved it for possible later conversion to tire inflator.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
For now I'm leaving mine. The few customers that consistently use it spend big dollars in my SS bays to wash their diesel trucks. They usually spend $25/wk each washing their $80K+ vehicles. Hate to lose them.

Going to first try to reduce dressing flow. If that still doesn't cut down on the mess, I'll try water based dressing.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I have 4 vacs 1 combo fragrance/shampoo machine.
I was also thinking of tire inflator. Who makes reliable combo units inflator and air.

MEP001

Reaction score
Adams makes a decent unit except the compressor motor is a bit weak. Maybe they'll sell the unit minus compressor and you can mount a Thomas in it. They're a little expensive but they just run and run.

I played around with an old Fragramatics gun once and used a shampooer pump to make an Armor All applicator - it actually worked pretty well.

[video=youtube;9tsv6Hh6HVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tsv6Hh6HVg[/video]

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
years ago I always bought Thomas. Then they had some issue and were impossible to get. To say they are now pricey is an understatement. KR Sells gast and I have been happy with them . I use a chuck that does not hold air in the line. Much easier on the compressor.