What's new

Self Serve injectors

Chad

Reaction score
Currently using zero-pressure regulators to inject soap and wax in my pressure fed pump stands. Would like to switch to injectors. Which one are you guys using? Do you put in on the input side or output side of the pump? Thanks.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Can you put an injector on the output side of a high pressure pump?

sparkey

Reaction score
You have to use a pressure regulator a long with an injector. We use a Generant regulator https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-32...2-pressure-regulator-hc-series-5-125-psi.aspx and a DEMA 204C injector https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-16...ries-water-flow-adjusted-with-orfices-12.aspx We’ve used this set up for well over 30 years with very few problems.
I am trying to visualize your setup. Where do you use the 125 psi regulator and injector? On the inlet side of the pump feeding it with city water pressure?

Randy

Reaction score
I am trying to visualize your setup. Where do you use the 125 psi regulator and injector? On the inlet side of the pump feeding it with city water pressure?
The regulator goes ahead of the injector to lower the incoming city water pressure. You have to lower the incoming water pressure so the pump will draw chemical. It's pretty much the same as using a zero-pressure regulator, but the Generant regulator and DEMA 204C will last longer. I've never had a head wash out using this system.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
If you put an injector on the output side of the pump, you would have to pressurize the injector supply at a pressure higher than the pump pressure. Not recommended....

Chad

Reaction score
Thanks Randy and everybody for the input. I set up one bay with regulator and injector. Works great and will probably slowly convert the rest of my bays over.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks Randy and everybody for the input. I set up one bay with regulator and injector. Works great and will probably slowly convert the rest of my bays over.
Chad, that’s good to hear. Your pumps will last a lot longer with the regulator/injector setup. The pumps don’t have to work as hard to draw chemical. I’ve never had a head wash out and the seals last a lot longer, years longer. We've never had very good luck with the zero-pressure regulators.