What's new

Self-Serve High Pressure Powder Recommendations

Etowah

cincycarwash

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone's high pressure powder recommendations are? We currently use JBS but it's $250/box which seems to be $100 more than everyone else.

Any thoughts?

Randy

Reaction score
I use JBS Fonic wash liquid in both the high pressure and foam brush systems with a booster of Simoniz correct. I use a Turtle Wax dual tip metering block to marry to 2 together.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's probably not very available to you, but I use Red Hot from Scotch Plaid. It retails for $118 per box. One lasts me about two weeks. It doesn't need a foam additive.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find powder to be very low cost and it cleans well. I can make a great show too, using the foam additive.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you guys use powder? I haven't used powder in 25 years. Give them a good presoak that actually cleans and let them rinse that off.
which one do you use, Greg? just curious.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
In cold weather I often use a presoak that is made for touch free IBA use. It has more alkalinity than SS presoaks and does a better job cleaning. I will also use a self serve presoak throughout the year but usually stronger than intended. I think I'm currently using purple presoak 3XC by quest with a purple hydrominder tip. It does a decent job. I tell my regulars that presoak followed by rinse will clean better than soap but many go through all the steps anyway.

I must admit that I have limited experience with powder but I didn't see a significant difference in cleaning. Surely not enough to make it worthwhile to fool with it. I have tried the simoniz correct brew before, as well as powders from Arcadian and Warsaw. This was probably over twenty years ago though.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used the same blend of correct powder and foam additive in my old automatic. It had plenty of cleaning power for my touch free so using it as my high-pressure soap in the self service bays seemed logical.

I use a ready mixed presoak now in my new razor but I still have plenty of correct powder left over because I really stocked up a while back.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I’ve used JBS for 15+ years for everything. Yes it’s expensive but if you buy it at Kleenrite on sale and you buy 4 you get 1 free. Buy in quality you get free shipping.
My customers love it I’ve never had a complaint. I’ve had complaints about other things but not that.