What's new

Self serve high pressure functions not working

Etowah

hitchpatolive

Reaction score
I have a self serve bay that the high pressure functions are not working but all of the low pressure functions are working.

My self serve is a Mark VII pro-line system built in 1987. In the equipment room inside the control panels (probably not the correct term) there is a button I can push that turns on the motor that drives the high pressure pump and when I push that button the motor comes on and drives the pump.

My two other bays work fine so the issue is localized to this bay.

I am not an electrician but it is weird to me that all three high pressure functions (rinse, wax, soap) would quit at the same time, unless there is a fuse someplace that I am unaware of.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated

MEP001

Reaction score
Check power from the rotary switch. It should have two layers of outputs, one for each individual function's solenoid, the other just for power to the motor.

Kindly report back when you have found and fixed the problem. This is not a paid help desk where you don't have to come back to at least thank the people who have given you guidance.

hitchpatolive

Reaction score
Check power from the rotary switch. It should have two layers of outputs, one for each individual function's solenoid, the other just for power to the motor.

Kindly report back when you have found and fixed the problem. This is not a paid help desk where you don't have to come back to at least thank the people who have given you guidance.
Thank you for the quick reply and idea, I'll run over and check the rotary switch. I appreciate your help.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Could also be the thermal overload - that would be one of those "little fuses someplace that you dont know about."
Press the little blue reset button, see if that solves it.

---> it would be attached to the motor starter, which is that " button I can push that turns on the motor that drives the high pressure pump."
It might look like this: thermal overload relay

hitchpatolive

Reaction score
Could also be the thermal overload - that would be one of those "little fuses someplace that you dont know about."
Press the little blue reset button, see if that solves it.

---> it would be attached to the motor starter, which is that " button I can push that turns on the motor that drives the high pressure pump."
It might look like this: thermal overload relay
Thank you Paul, I did push that reset button. That is about the extent of my "electrician" knowledge!! :) Thank you for the suggestion though.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Did you make any recent changes, repairs, or alterations?

Once when I replaced a rotary switch, I forgot to remove the metal jumper from the old switch and put it on the new switch. The result of that was the same-- no high pressure.

hitchpatolive

Reaction score
MEP001 was correct, the "motor" wire to the rotary switch had corroded and there wasn't a connection anymore. Thank you for all of the help, probably save me several frustrating hours this evening.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Owning and knowing how to use a good voltmeter is a carwash owners best friend. I don't know how anyone can get by without one. You could have quickly discovered you weren't getting power to the motor starter coil...Then worked back to the terminal strip and then the bay rotary....Glad you found the problem!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm glad you got it fixed quickly, and thanks for coming back with an update.