What's new

Self serve high PH

ShineShed

Reaction score
Are there any good SS high ph soaps out there that also rinse well? This new stuff im trying doesnt rinse worth a dam once my vehicle dried there was soap spots. Ive ran into this twice now with 2 difference manufacturers of chemicals.

OurTown

Reaction score
We use JBS Fonic Wash PH Plus (PR-180) and do not notice that issue.

washnshine

Reaction score
I don’t know if any hp soaps are great cleaners by themselves. They usually need presoak or a brush to do any real cleaning of road film. The dilution is going to be so high of any detergent coming out of a gun on the hp soap cycle it really can’t do that much on its own.

Way back when there were no presoak or brush options in ss bays, there was a wash rinse and maybe wax cycle. The wash usually was just some detergent to let the customer know soap was going on the car. It could never be put on at a strength high enough to be effective on film.

Even if you start putting a detergent with some more bite on in your hp soap cycle, it can still not be cost effective to apply at the dilution you would need for any real cleaning. That is why presoak is low pressure. I’ve even seen medium pressure presoak set ups and they still can’t be effective on dirt and economical to run.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Yes there are high pH presoaks that clean well and normally don't cause rinse issues. Those chems are more expensive than your normal stuff, but they do work. I use them for my touchless auto and self serve hp soap. Really depends on what type of operation you are striving for. Since you are on this site though, I'm guessing you lean towards the more professional type.

OurTown

Reaction score
Yes there are high pH presoaks that clean well and normally don't cause rinse issues. Those chems are more expensive than your normal stuff, but they do work. I use them for my touchless auto and self serve hp soap. Really depends on what type of operation you are striving for. Since you are on this site though, I'm guessing you lean towards the more professional type.

Mac what are you using for the HP soap and what is the PH in the bay?

MEP001

Reaction score
I don’t know if any hp soaps are great cleaners by themselves. They usually need presoak or a brush to do any real cleaning of road film. The dilution is going to be so high of any detergent coming out of a gun on the hp soap cycle it really can’t do that much on its own.
You usually have to run a powder soap to make that work. I've used stuff that does, but it requires soft, hot water. If you take either of those away you'll either have the bulking agent cake up in your pumps and lines or it won't clean well.

ShineShed

Reaction score
Mac do you use the same high ph for your iba and self serve? I was wondering if id have better results trying this. My warsaw 576 finisher that ive always used in my touchless iba cleans great!