What's new

Self Serve equipment replacement recommendations.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
If you were to replace your current backroom self serve equipment with a totally all new setup what manufacture would you recommend? I'm refurbing a site in about two months and we are replacing alot of equipment and now we are considering replacing the entire 3 bay Ryko signature series self serve system. I have been looking at various manufactures but I wanted to get some input from others here as well.

Eric H

Reaction score
I'm refurbing a site in about two months and we are replacing alot of equipment
I am finishing up a remodel by the end of the week. In order to fit the new IBA equipment I need to make room by eliminating the old Carolina Pride pump stand. It has served me well but it was about 10' long! I ordered a 2 bay system from Jim at Etowah Vally and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality. I haven't turned it on yet but I sure do like the way it looks!

dukeofsuds

Reaction score
In early 2018, I replaced a 20+ year old self serve Mark VII system with a Coleman Hanna self serve. I have been elated by the new install (both monetarily and "hassle-free-ness"). The customers have noticed/appreciate the increase in functions and reliability. In the bays, went with Coleman doors with Dixmor/CryptoPay at the bays at the same time. That combo was supposedly known to be very stable in that environment and has been.

The distributor was probably the largest weighting that I used in selecting. There weren't a lot of differences between the various brands that I could see, but the Coleman has been rock solid, seems built well, etc.

bert79

Reaction score
We purchased a new 3 bay ss system from Ginsan. It has a VERY small footprint and seems to be well constructed (and easy to work on). We have been very happy with it so far.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Another Coleman fan. I have 2 locations, both rehabbed with used Coleman pumpstands. I am not big on buying new equip., everything on there can be rehabbed. Allthough the Coleman stand has a relatively large footprint, I did shorten one of them by about 6'. Ginsan for selector doors(I purchased them new) due to the direct customer interaction there. Good luck on your rehab.

Johnwascom

Reaction score
For sale Jim coleman 4 self serve pump stand super saver. 5 years old. Works perfectl

Call or text me for pictures
225 4455027

LilBearswash

Reaction score
I replaced my 20+ years old equipment with National Pride a few months ago, and am very happy with my decision. Issues that I was looking for before I decided to go with National Pride: simple, ACCESSIBLE, common parts, customer support, and quality built - National Pride got them all. I did have an electrician to hookup the high voltage electrical. Other than that, I just had to hook up the waterlines, coin box wires and done. I also replaced the spot free delivery system from National about 10 years ago, it still is going strong. just my two red cents.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Another Coleman fan here. 2 locations 1 5 bay supersaver and another 7 bay super saver. I agree with Pgrzes, I wouldn't buy new bc everything can easily be replaced. Good luck on your remodel

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
In early 2018, I replaced a 20+ year old self serve Mark VII system with a Coleman Hanna self serve. I have been elated by the new install (both monetarily and "hassle-free-ness"). The customers have noticed/appreciate the increase in functions and reliability. In the bays, went with Coleman doors with Dixmor/CryptoPay at the bays at the same time. That combo was supposedly known to be very stable in that environment and has been.

The distributor was probably the largest weighting that I used in selecting. There weren't a lot of differences between the various brands that I could see, but the Coleman has been rock solid, seems built well, etc.
Could you post some pictures of your bay doors and equipment room?

Plow Guy

Reaction score
The first thing I would look for in a pump stand is if the unpressurized hot water holding tank is above all the pumps. The hot water should gravity feed to the pump, if it does not that pump will have cavitation causing more noise and maintenance.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We have not pulled the trigger on that yet, we installed new WashCard BayStations replacing the Ryko coinboxes, saw the Etowah Valley systems at the Heartland show and their new 2019 models are so simple to wire and plumb it's all plug n play, plus the size was 1/2 the size of my current system with the same functions and they pricing was very very intriguing.

water guy

Reaction score
I was looking at a New D&S 3Bay Set-Up the other day at a location . Looked Pretty Simple .