What's new

Self serve Bay running without quarters used

Etowah
Reaction score
I have a self serve bay that lost power for two days due to ice storm. Since that time all functions work, without money being used. It is Ginsan equipment and I have replaced both timers. The contactor is not stuck and both high and low pressure functions work. A call to Ginsan got me "bang on the door in case the relay is stuck". I even tried that. Bay is still "hot". If I pull the power off the timer in the ER, bay goes off. New timer installed, no progress. Looking for a clue....

MEP001

Reaction score
Swap timers from another bay. The new one may be bad. Does the bay shut off when you press reset on the timer and come back on when you let go?

Reaction score
the bay does not shut off when I press reset or when I press the OFF button on the ER Ginsan setup. I have swapped timers two different times now, same......

MEP001

Reaction score
Is it possible you got a couple of wires out of place when you changed timers?

Did you try swapping timers between bays to make certain it's not the timer?

If the bay goes off when you unhook only the timed load out from the timer, it almost has to be the timer. If you're unhooking a wire that also kills power to the bay door, you might be looking in the wrong place.

soonermajic

Reaction score
call/email Dan K @ GinSan. He knows his stuff. Call TODAY, NOT tomorrow(weekend) though.

Reaction score
Bay only quits when timed load from mother board is unhooked. When timer is totally taken off, nothing changes. I am leaning towards bad motherboard and have ordered a new one. Called Ginsan, asked for Dan (he is good) and was told he is on vacation. Jim was the covering tech and he was the one that told me to "bang on the door".

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Bay only quits when timed load from mother board is unhooked. When timer is totally taken off, nothing changes. I am leaning towards bad motherboard and have ordered a new one. Called Ginsan, asked for Dan (he is good) and was told he is on vacation. Jim was the covering tech and he was the one that told me to "bang on the door".
To narrow down the issue start by swapping the meter box door with one for another bay. If the problem follows the door, the board on the door is bad or you have a shorted wire on the door. If the problem stays in the bay you either have a bad timer or a short from the timed hot to 24vac hot. If it is only high pressure functions you may have a stuck contactor or bad logic control(probably GS27D).

Doyle Vacuum

Reaction score
If you don't have a decent voltmeter, go buy one! At a minimum you need a voltmeter that can measure AC voltage, DC voltage, and resistance (continuity). The best way to track down a problem is by probing for voltage at different connection points in your system to determine where you are getting a continuous 24VAC Hot output from (that you shouldn't be). Swapping parts around is OK for confirming that a component is good or bad, but it is not a great diagnostic tool.