What's new

Self serve banner ideas.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I am putting up 4 vertical banners on my light poles 30" x 120". What would you put on them....I want all for to be effective and different. Any suggestions would be great. Two of them are on the street side to attract drive by customers and two are at the back of wash for customers already on site.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
For the ones out back:

OUR VACUUMS SUCK (might be good for a few chuckles)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Have you checked with local sign regulations? Not many places in the US allow permanent banners. Most require a permit for temporary ones if they allow them at all and restrict the size, design, placement and content as well as how long they can be up.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Have you checked with local sign regulations? Not many places in the US allow permanent banners. Most require a permit for temporary ones if they allow them at all and restrict the size, design, placement and content as well as how long they can be up.
Funny you should mention that. I get busted by the city every time I put one out. They send me a nice letter telling me I'm in violation. However, some businesses up and down the road from me put out banners all the time. Heck, some of them have had the same nasty banner out for 3+ years. I'm guessing the city has it out for this jarhead. :)

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Jeff, I doubt if anyone in your city is bright enough to have it out for you.

Someone complained probably a competitor. The last time I got wrote up, the city gal didn't tell me who, but flat out told me that she wouldn't have cared but once a complaint happens they have to react.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
i ask who complained, they keep telling me no one, and that they found out by doing their friday patrols for sign violations. every time i get a letter, it's a new person in that role. so my guess is that as they hire a new enforcer, they get out and try to enforce the code.

one time i prodded a little more and asked what they could actually do to me, and she said pretty much nothing, unless i failed to comply for a long time, they could take me to court. seems like a waste of tax dollars to get someone to take down signs which are drawing in business, producing tax revenue, etc.. :)

don't get me wrong, i still put signs up for promotions and such, but mostly on the weekends only.

acbruno

Reaction score
Take your banners down on Friday

Put them back up on Saturday.