What's new

Self Serve Air Shammees

C.Duncan

Wash Zone
Reaction score
I am looking at installing Air Shammees (air blowers) in my bays. Many of my customers have requested them so they can dry their cars....and more importantly their door seals in the winter to prevent their doors from freezing shut. Does anyone recommend a brand that has worked well for them? Perhaps there a few models a guy should steer clear of? Tks, Cam

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
i use diskin at two locations,didn't have any problems yet
diskin uses 3 motors
use a 1-2 sec delay on the selector switch
one set up i put on the wall and the other in the attic
i would like to find a better time delay,then the one from granger

bigleo48

Reaction score
Many of my customers have requested them so they can dry their cars....and more importantly their door seals in the winter to prevent their doors from freezing shut.
Cam,

The air-shammee or others (Blastodry, etc) won't work to dry off the doors seals in the winter. The problem is that the vac motors used in these systems don't generate enough heat to rise the air temp to a level that will allow the water to dry instead of freeze. My air-shammees draw air from my heated equipment room, but that stills isn't enough to do it even on mild winter days.

The other problem is that ice builds up on the guns and hoses from the wash water and so unless you constantly knock it off, people touch them.

So basically they are almost completely unused here in the winter. The only good thing is that you don't have to weep water though them :)

Big

TurboJet

Reaction score
Who sells the delay relay? Can't find it in my Dultmeier catalog, but I did see them somewhere before.

Etowah

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
Time Delay Relay, Contact Current 1.5 Amps, Control Operation Delay on Make, Time Delay Adjustable 1.8 to 600 Seconds, On Delay Timer Grainger Item # 4E233

TurboJet

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny. That is the relay I recall seeing. Simple and inexpensive.