This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
SMC AMG units work really well, we have them plumbed in front of our heavy air use equipment.
We also try to do best practice air plumbing like the video cantbreak80 linked to when we have to replumb air lines. It all adds up and works well for us in humid Southeast
SMC AMG units work really well, we have them plumbed in front of our heavy air use equipment.
We also try to do best practice air plumbing like the video cantbreak80 linked to when we have to replumb air lines. It all adds up and works well for us in humid Southeast
I bought a few of those SMG AMG units and installed one right before the spot-free Flojet pumps. They have a push-to-connect fitting for the bottom drain, so I stuck a piece of tubing in it and ran it into a gallon jug. Not a drop of water in the jug in over a month. Maybe it will only get water in it if we are stacked for hours on end. We have been somewhat slow lately.
I bought a few of those SMG AMG units and installed one right before the spot-free Flojet pumps. They have a push-to-connect fitting for the bottom drain, so I stuck a piece of tubing in it and ran it into a gallon jug. Not a drop of water in the jug in over a month. Maybe it will only get water in it if we are stacked for hours on end. We have been somewhat slow lately.
Wow that's really good if there's no moisture there. Ours pulls out a good amount of water at all that we have installed. I think they remove like 99% of condensed moisture.
Did you get the ones with the auto drain? Is the sight glass clear on the unit? I'm kinda surprised you haven't got any moisture out of them, but that is good news, would mean you already have pretty dry air.
Wow that's really good if there's no moisture there. Ours pulls out a good amount of water at all that we have installed. I think they remove like 99% of condensed moisture.
Did you get the ones with the auto drain? Is the sight glass clear on the unit? I'm kinda surprised you haven't got any moisture out of them, but that is good news, would mean you already have pretty dry air.
Yes, we have the ones with the auto drain and sight glass. I guess that means our refrigerated air dryer is working. I'm still thinking there could be moisture on the days we are slammed.
Yes, we have the ones with the auto drain and sight glass. I guess that means our refrigerated air dryer is working. I'm still thinking there could be moisture on the days we are slammed.
I'll preface this with I've never used a refrigerated air dryer, but I did research them quite a bit to see if we needed one. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The way I understand it, if a properly sized air dryer is installed there should be virtually zero moisture downstream of it.
I'm wondering if you're having a cold weather issue in the winter. If the compressed air is dropping temperature after going through the air dryer due to the cold ambient and releasing water as a result. Just a thought
I'll preface this with I've never used a refrigerated air dryer, but I did research them quite a bit to see if we needed one. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The way I understand it, if a properly sized air dryer is installed there should be virtually zero moisture downstream of it.
I'm wondering if you're having a cold weather issue in the winter. If the compressed air is dropping temperature after going through the air dryer due to the cold ambient and releasing water as a result. Just a thought
Not exactly, the air is dry when it exits the dryer, however depending on the length and material used for piping, changes in temperature can cause condensation the lines. typical runs in an equipment room aren't normally long enough to cause issues.