What's new

Select a wash versus soft gloss

wash4me

Reaction score
I'm Hoping to get some thoughts on this ryko I'm Looking at. It's a select a wash 2006 with wheel scrubs. Is it correct that it's just the same as a soft gloss except having a touch free option? I can get the bifold doors used as well. Are these good reliable doors? The doors are at carwashconsignment.com under other equipment.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yes you are correct the Select a Wash is a SoftGloss with the added touch free feature, where is this Select a Wash listed? I saw the doors it says OBO for the price of 6K I would negotiate with the owner of 5K total $2,500 for each set of doors that would help with the shipping cost.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Have had my Ryko bi-folds for 16 years now, no major issues to speak of, too bad Ryko doesn't sell them anymore.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The Select-A-Wash is a full combo machine that uses a gantry frame very similar to that of a Softgloss, with the addition 8 pods mounted to the frame to provide a high impact touchfree wash using (8) zero degree nozzles. Each pod oscillates up/down and limited movement to forward and backwards to focus the spray. It has an off-board pump stand to house the reclaim and high impact pump. The machine is capable of a complete friction wash, a complete touchfree wash, or a couple different types of combo washes depending on how it's setup. It can do a short combo wash where touchfree and friction are running at the same time, or a long combo wash where it does a complete touchfree followed by a complete friction wash. The combo cycles do tend to have longer cycle times slightly and you will find a little higher maintenance costs due to having both touchfree and friction, but it does have really good wash quality.

wash4me

Reaction score
What about slimline dryers versus the one that you drive into slowly and it raises up. How does the public like these? I can see that they could be intimidating but other folks experience is worth more than my opinion!

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The dryer market is slowly shifting more towards the open bay concept that the Slimline model dryers can provide. With the 3 fan option, their performance is very comparable to the Thrust Pro models that use the follower.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
That is a REALLY old video, but yes. That is the original Thrust Pro Dryer. There is an updated model that is the OHD (overhead) Thrust Pro dryer that has legs that can extend out against the walls for a more open bay feel. Both of those models do dry extremely well.