What's new

security system options

washman9

Reaction score
we no longer have a land line at our home and would like to explore options of having the security system auto dial our cell phone in the event of an alarm. does anyone know of any such device that can do this?

thanks in advance for info.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Almost every security system that dials ADT or another service can be programmed to call any number. I have one installed by my local security company and is monitored by someone else. If I choose to discontinue the monitoring service, I can program it to call my cell phone.

lag

Reaction score
I recently dropped my land line , and had a local company put in a system that connects via alarm net. The local company monitors my system, but the alarm signals go through alarm net. I get a call and text.

Most of the company's will be able to set you up the way you want it to work.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
yes, my home alarm dials out via cell chip. I thought he was asking about where an alarm in his wash was going to call. I was assuming he had a phone at the wash.

washman9

Reaction score
where might i be able to acquire a "cell chip"? our system is an older style time warner cable syste that was directly hard wired to our home land line.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
where might i be able to acquire a "cell chip"? our system is an older style time warner cable syste that was directly hard wired to our home land line.
My cell chip was put into my alarm control box by the installer. I pay $19.95/month including monitoring with fire too. Not bad. But the company I am using is small and local.