What's new

Security Cameras

Good Moody

Reaction score
Im looking to install approx 12 digital cameras to replace the old non digital camera system we placed years ago.
What have you experienced and highly recommend,
I greatly appreciate it!

Roz

Reaction score

Good Moody

Reaction score
What APP do you use to view the cameras?

We use Lorex and Avertx systems plus a few Wyze cameras to view chemicals and equipment up close but always looking for better ways to do things. Everything runs via our phone apps.
That's the problem, The company that provides the app no longer exist and the new company that supposedly took over does not reply to my requests for their assistance, plus its a poor resolution system.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
My two Lorex systems have worked OK for me. 4K image quality is a huge step up over analog and has negated the need for zoom lenses, etc. POE cat 6 cable makes installation super easy. I was using Qsee but they went belly up which complicated viewing by phone so I swapped to lorex two years ago. I use the residential models with lorex home app. A few weeks ago I did have one NVR bite the dust. After a tech support call with an overseas tech support person reading from a script I was told my unit was defective, they don't repair them, and I needed to buy a replacement. However, a replacement NVR was less than $400. I did buy the extended warranty this time. I think all my two year old cameras are still working except one that got moisture in it. Be sure to install drip loop in the cable

Roz

Reaction score
My two Lorex systems have worked OK for me. 4K image quality is a huge step up over analog and has negated the need for zoom lenses, etc. POE cat 6 cable makes installation super easy. I was using Qsee but they went belly up which complicated viewing by phone so I swapped to lorex two years ago. I use the residential models with lorex home app. A few weeks ago I did have one NVR bite the dust. After a tech support call with an overseas tech support person reading from a script I was told my unit was defective, they don't repair them, and I needed to buy a replacement. However, a replacement NVR was less than $400. I did buy the extended warranty this time. I think all my two year old cameras are still working except one that got moisture in it. Be sure to install drip loop in the cable
We have a Lorex residential (HOME Version) from Costco at one wash and a Lorex more robust system from the Lorex website, both are 4K and set to continuous record with extra big hard drives. The HOME app is easier/faster for finding events but it shows static images until you select a feed. The higher end version allows me to view all images in real time on my phone. Both show realtime images on the site monitors located in the ERs. 4K and large HD. I would buy the dome version of cameras over bullet cameras because the dome can be replaced if it gets foggy from chemicals (IBA bays) whereas the bullet cameras need to be replaced when the lens gets foggy (foggy is the wrong term, the chemicals permanently obscure the view).

Good Moody

Reaction score
We have a Lorex residential (HOME Version) from Costco at one wash and a Lorex more robust system from the Lorex website, both are 4K and set to continuous record with extra big hard drives. The HOME app is easier/faster for finding events but it shows static images until you select a feed. The higher end version allows me to view all images in real time on my phone. Both show realtime images on the site monitors located in the ERs. 4K and large HD. I would buy the dome version of cameras over bullet cameras because the dome can be replaced if it gets foggy from chemicals (IBA bays) whereas the bullet cameras need to be replaced when the lens gets foggy (foggy is the wrong term, the chemicals permanently obscure the view).
Thank you Roz!

Damoni88

Reaction score
Im looking to install approx 12 digital cameras to replace the old non digital camera system we placed years ago.
I greatly appreciate it!
Backstreet Surveillance is the best on the market. I have a total of 36 cameras with two provue nvr. I never miss a thing honestly.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score

I almost bought the commercial system since it was only a couple hundred more, but wanted to use the same app. I don't look online very much, maybe a couple times per week on average, but it is handy for checking one of my IBAs before I reset a fault condition and move it back home.

Good to know about the dome cameras. I occasionally clean mine with Quest Saw. The cameras that tend to cloud up are the ones on the entrance end and one of the biggest improvements in reducing cloudiness was pointing the undercarriage spray so that it sprays forward towards the front of the bay a bit instead of straight up towards the ceiiling.

Monte

Reaction score
Did the same thing Greg, but undercarriage spraying forward can screwup my ultrasonic side sensor measurements.... resulting in a vehicle being measured really wide....(laser 360). Keeping cameras clear has been a real game for me (Reolink). I use bullet cameras and switch lens covers when the ones in the iba get moisture in. Once cover is poor, I dedicate it indoors or to protected area. We run Reolink at 4 sites.... approx $1000 per site.

Monte

Reaction score
I actually have indoor cameras with no cover because I have stole them to replace poor covers in iba. Cameras work fine without covers indoor ( ie. Used to monitor sensors,soap remotely)

ShinePro

Reaction score
I greatly appreciate it!
Hikvision
Police say cameras are better than Walmart

MEP001

Reaction score
I recently installed a Lorex 2k system at a wash. It had a Reolink NVR system that was mostly working, but they just screwed the cameras flat to the wall with the ethernet plug bunched up under it and corrosion caused a lot to fail. That system has MUCH better image than the Lorex 2k system. It's still there, I will look and see what model it is. I've never tried to view it remotely, but I assume it's possible.

Scott220

Reaction score
I’ve purchased three systems over the years from Kleenrite. Very pleased with the cameras and the customer service with Rick Diehl and his son Dave has been amazing! They’ve assembled everything you need in a variety of packages and their always there when I have a question.

Reaction score
Instead of replacing the cameras, buy yourself some "3M Perfect it Rubbing Compound 06085." Apply about a pea sized amount on a rag and rub the lens in a circular motion for around 30 seconds to a minute. Wipe it with a clean microfiber and check your camera to see if it is clear enough. If it has sat for a long period of time or has never been cleaned before you may need to do it 2-3 times, but it will fully restore the clarity to the lens.
Its a rather expensive bottle of rubbing compound (around 85 bucks) but is the best single stage product I've ever used and is a large bottle that should last you a VERY long time. Also works great removing clearcoat scratches from vehicles or on the windows in your Alaska Airlift doors (I apply it with an orbital buffer when doing vehicles and the doors though). I clean my IBA Lorex bullet cameras about every 6 months this way and it makes them work again like brand new!