What's new

SecureCoin Model CP990U Coin Acceptor Issue

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
The Secure Coin acceptors seem to have gone through several iterations over the years. Originally they were blue plastic junk, then they became iCoin on metal frames, and now they're back to SecureCoin with what looks to be much better red plastic bodies. The electronics I believe have remained the same over the years which have been fairly reliable. I just received 3 'open box' discounted SecureCoin's from KR that look to be brand new and never installed (I'm guessing). Since they are unreturnable, I figured I better bench test them. When powering up they go through the normal sequence and then settle in with the two leds for quarters and dollar coins constantly illuminated. After about 10-15 seconds the two leds will start flashing constantly. Has anyone experienced this as I've never seen it? I didn't get any farther yesterday then putting power to them. Today I'll see if they actually work. I'm concerned because these 'looked' brand new and I just bought a half a dozen of them at full price and put them in my warehouse a month ago. Now I need to test those also.

soapy

Reaction score
I have never had that issue and only thing I can think of is possibly is a voyage issue. You might try swapping one of the wires for the incoming voltage.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
The new acceptors I purchased a month or so ago had a real nice instruction booklet tucked in the bottom of the box. The overall operation of these units is the same as in the past with the exception of a ‘Power Saving’ mode at which time the LEDs will flash.

Problem solved!