What's new

Scent additives

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Whenever you add scent to a product make sure it is compatible. Many scents are actually non food grade products made from the fruits. They can create problems especially when you add an acidic scent like lemon or orange to an alkaline product.

MEP001

Reaction score
There are a lot of fragrances available from JBS. You may have to call them if they don't list them on their site.

A.Milton

Reaction score
I searched thru older posts on this forumn and read a few posts about adding scent. Quest car care has several scents. I am going to look into what JBS and Quest offer. Thank you

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
(A.Milton) I use the Quest fragrance additives the raspberry on my HP soap and bubblegum for foam brush ask Jason at quest for which one works best for what chemical the alkaline products can have a effect on them also. He is a very helpful guy you can PM me for more info if you want or email me at southernpridecarwash@gmail.com

A.Milton

Reaction score
When an additive does cause problems what does it do? Does it mess with the suds, cleaning ability or does it mess with the equipment?just wondering what I should look for.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
They can mess with the cleaning additives like citrus and lemon has a effect on alkaline products if I remember correct they will fight each other's reaction and not fight the grime on the car. Quest can help you a lot Jason the president will guide you in the right direction. I know this in my experience that blue coral , rain-x and Armorall and turtle wax that I have used in the past 3 years don't smell half as good as quest especially on there color polishes and waxes, Protectants. Just my personal experience what ever it's worth to you.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
There are several possible problems that can be caused when scents aren't compatible. They can cause the solution to separate which affects both cleaning and product usage. If you are also using products with colors they can also affect the strength or even appearance of the product. They can also cause a problem with foaming as well. Even if you advised that a scent is compatible it is best to test the scent in a small amount of product before adding it to entire batch. I have seen some very good car wash chemists misjudge the problems scents can cause in a solution. It may cost more to set it up this way but the safest way to inject scents is down line just before the product is applied.