What's new

Scan Coin 303 manual

OurTown

Reaction score
Does anyone have a digital copy of the manual that you can send me? I searched online with no luck.

OurTown

Reaction score
Like this one https://hoopdirt.com/topic/scan-coin-303-user-manual/ I've used Scan coin counters for years and have never opened the manual. I bought a new one a year or so ago, since they aren't made by Scan coin in Sweden anymore the quality is lacking.

We bought a used one after using a scale all this time to count quarters. The scale only went to 1,000 grams which is $44 max so it was time consuming to count. After messing around with the Scan Coin I figured out how to make it stop at a certain count which is very handy. There is not much else we need info on except maybe maintenance. It was very dirty under the belt cover and the diameter slide would not move much at first so it would not count dollar coins. The link you gave looks like it goes to another site that wants my credit card even though it says its free to read.

Randy

Reaction score
The last Scan Coin 303 coin counter I bought new was only $650 with free shipping. The price of them has really come down since SUZOHAP bought them awhile back. There made in China now. There are a couple of operating good videos on Youtube.

OurTown

Reaction score
I called Scan Coin and they emailed me the user manual and the service manual.

OurTown

Reaction score
It does not say one way or the other in the manuals but I'm going to assume that the coins need to be completely dry to run through it. With our previous method of weighing the coins it did not matter if they were wet but we dried them before going back into the changer or to the bank. Currently we put the wet quarters on a large towel on the floor in batches of between 500-700 and dry them by wrapping the towel over and pushing them around. It is not that efficient and not very pleasant to be getting down on the floor and then back up a bunch of times. Surely there is a better way to dry a few thousand or so quarters at a time. I have seen some dry with a fan but that would take up a lot of space to lay them out. How do you guys dry them?

Randy

Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea to run wet coins though the Scan coin 303. Over time you'll ruin the coin feed mechanism.

MEP001

Reaction score
It definitely won't count wet coins. If any water gets in with the coins you'll have to dig them all out and dry the quarters and the machine.

Randy

Reaction score
The only coin counter that I know that will count wet coins is the Klopp.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I always collected my coins before anything else in my "milking" process. That way, if they were wet I would lay them on my big money drying towel and point the fan at them. I would then go about collected the paper cash, balancing the bill changer, and whatever else I needed to do. By the time I got back to the coins, they were dry enough to sort.