What's new

sc-max conversion problems with bill acceptors

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I just converted 4 bill acceptors from the 600 standard bill acceptors to a sc-max conversion kit with a coinco bill validation and two of them are stealing customers bills and giving no change. They run for several days then all of a sudden they steal all of the bills....what could it be?...it's driving me nuts.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Call the supplier of the update kit. We have successfully installed many of these with good success. However we are using the MEI validator.

Hoser06

Reaction score
We had the exact issue with our "upgraded" machines with Coinco Vantage validators. Initially my distributor was told by standard change that it was a known issue and blamed bad power and EMI as the cause and to power off the SC-Max every night for a few min and to invest in exotic power conditioners.
I was loosing my mind until we had the firmware updated about three weeks ago. So far so good.

Stay on them, I know of three other operators with the same problem. SC dropped the ball on this. It looks like with some basic field testing, they could have prevented a lot of frustration both from their customers and ours.