What's new

Saw a great idea for ALL IBAs

soonermajic

Reaction score
Saw a SoftGloss this weekend. It has an awesome entry arch, on outside entrance to the bay. It was very impressive, made it have a mini-tunnel look, & seemed to certainly be a draw for customers.
It was honestly 1 of the sharpest looking things for an iBA, that i have seen. I think it was even more of a draw than LED lightshows.

traveler17

Reaction score
Saw a SoftGloss this weekend. It has an awesome entry arch, on outside entrance to the bay. It was very impressive, made it have a mini-tunnel look, & seemed to certainly be a draw for customers.
It was honestly 1 of the sharpest looking things for an iBA, that i have seen. I think it was even more of a draw than LED lightshows.
No pics??

washnshine

Reaction score
Great idea - good for instructions, menu, package confirmation and overall show.

traveler17

Reaction score
I added this with my remodel when I installed my new razor. It also serves as a height restriction/hard stop that has saved my new machine from damage at least a few times already.
That’s nice 👌🏼 , who made it for you

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My partner in the used car business made the metal frame. I put the wood on and my sign guy did the rest. I made templates for him out of cardboard. I got the idea from a trade magazine.

APW

Reaction score
I would think you would have to clean it daily. At my locations, my IBAs blow the water back out the entrance so bad, it would leave water spots all over it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I would think you would have to clean it daily. At my locations, my IBAs blow the water back out the entrance so bad, it would leave water spots all over it.
You may be right, especially if your prevailing wind blows out, instead of through the back of the bay.
But this was in front of a SoftGloss, which has FAR less water spray. In fact, besides the hp wheel cleaner, there's practically zero spray.
I'd also think with this enteance arch, you could easily get by with the basic LED pkg.

Reactions: APW
Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My partner in the used cars business made the metal frame and my sign shop made the signs

SuperShine

Reaction score
I’d go to a local custom sign shop and metal fabricator for a simple wrapped arch sign. Use a wrap design with colors that will pop when a led flood light hits it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I’d go to a local custom sign shop and metal fabricator for a simple wrapped arch sign. Use a wrap design with colors that will pop when a led flood light hits it.
This for an entry arch. I don't think i can "hit it w/ a flood light" & make it pop.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score