What's new

Saving a few $$ with Zoro Tools

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know we are all trying to save money. I just wanted to make you guys aware of Zoro tools. You may have seen them advertising a lot on ebay. If you are not familiar with them, they are owned by Grainger and carry Grainger's most popular products. Although pricing is usually the same or a little less than grainger, the savings over Grainger comes in several ways.

1)Orders over $50 ships free, and so far my orders have shipped very quickly.

2) Unlike Grainger (which has a physical presence in my State) Sales tax is not applied to my order.

3) The biggest savings is for those who can plan their purchases. Get on their email list. Every 6-8 weeks they will have a 20% off flash sale. It is usually good for one day. I just bought some delineator posts for my water wizards. About every three-four months they will have a 30% off sale. They have very competitive prices on some items, and an additional 30% can make them a real deal. Some guys on a forum I go to (garagejournal.com) are buying Miller welders. with the 30% off sales and Miller rebates they are getting quite a good deal.

I've found electric motors, relays, flashlights, hardware, sump pumps, and quality knipex and proto hand tools, etc. All at better than amazon pricing. Not everything is competitively priced , so do your shopping. Also, their search engine sucks. Manufacturer part numbers usually don't work. Often a search with the grainger part number will bring up the same item.

Anyway, check them out at Zoro.com

washnvac

Reaction score
I have bought 3 rinnai water heaters with the 30% off flash sale.(as well as countless other items--motors, procon pumps, plumbing supplies) That brings it to $851 with free shipping. My plumbing/heating guy said the lowest he gets them is $1100. Have had awesome experiences with Zoro. I would highly recommend.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Good point CFCW,

We have also received some good deals from Zoro ... especially when I was prepared & ready to pounce for one of those flash 3 hour or one day promo codes. On some items I sprung for the next level of a specific product because of the promo. Like the time we upped for the stainless version of the Xlerator hand dryer for the rest room we have for our customers during a 30% off 3 hr promo plus free shipping!

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

slash007

Reaction score
I first found them when I needed to replace my Rheem storage tank. They already had the best price, then I got an additional 20% off. I have used them several times since then and all my orders arrive the next day!

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Got an email this morning form Zoro- 20% off a purchase of 250.00 or more. Valid until Sept 9th enter code LABORDAYSALE at checkout

vinh

Reaction score
This is my big secret. Greg why you want to tell the world for. Last week I bought a billy goat vacuum that normally sells for $1400. Got it shipped to my door with no tax and free shipping in 3 days and 20% off . You can't beat that. I make a list of items and wait for discount special. They have also the jim coleman carpet shampoo pump for $129 and I wait for 30% discount to get them for $85. I buy tool, compressor oil, grease, acid sprayer. Be patient for the 30% it come every 3 -4 months. 20% happens every month.
Kleen-rite and other vendors should be nervous.

The billy goat vacuum is an awesome machine for cleaning carwash lot. I have to start a new thread.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
This is my big secret. Greg why you want to tell the world for. Last week I bought a billy goat vacuum that normally sells for $1400. Got it shipped to my door with no tax and free shipping in 3 days and 20% off . You can't beat that. I make a list of items and wait for discount special. They have also the jim coleman carpet shampoo pump for $129 and I wait for 30% discount to get them for $85. I buy tool, compressor oil, grease, acid sprayer. Be patient for the 30% it come every 3 -4 months. 20% happens every month.
Kleen-rite and other vendors should be nervous.

The billy goat vacuum is an awesome machine for cleaning carwash lot. I have to start a new thread.
vinh,

You mentioned tax-free. In our state of north dakota, being a business ... there are state tax department auditors ... who are on standby to audit & make sure you pay the equivalent plus as if sold in the state. The reason I say not just equivalent, but also "plus" is because the auditor in our case went back 7 years & charged us 12% compounded interest. I suppose we should be thankful we did not have an exorbitant "ignorance of the law" fine in addition ... but there are limits to our gratitude.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Last edited:

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Bought 250' Self Regulating Heat Cable and some accessories from Zoro yesterday.
Price was around $1,100 before using the LABORDAYSALE code ended up at $809 but was charged $34.26.
Tax or no tax I couldn't be happier.
Thanks guys for bringing this site and code to our attention.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have bought a few things from Zoro in the past year or so such as Federal Signal sounders for my in-bay. With the free shipping they were the cheapest I could find. Slash, thanks for the heads up on the Rheem storage tank. I just used the Labordaysale promo myself and ordered one, $756 out the door...can't beat that!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
They are owned by Grainger. The last shipment I got from them was in Grainger-labeled boxes. I usually get my order in two days.
We have ordered from www.drillspot.com who also sent their product in Grainger labeled boxes. It seems like other companies besides Amazon use some kind of a third party marketplace which may explain the boxes??? I notice even Walmart & BestBuy have some kind of association with all sorts of companies so they are included in administration & profit from some sales???. Just to clarify about the sales tax audit that we experienced. Some states both have & enforce what is called "use tax" ... that way "presence in the state" does not stop the auditor from doing his thing later on ... even several years down the road.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We have ordered from www.drillspot.com who also sent their product in Grainger labeled boxes. I

I ordered a shampoo machine little Giant Pump from Drill spot after an internet search. for lowest cost. Came in a Grainger box. Why does Grainger do this? They are 10 minutes from me. They would have made more money charging me what Drillspot charged instead of only getting the lesser amount they got from Drillspot.

Recently bought a Square D relay needed in a hurry from Grainger. Zoro and other on line sources were $31.00 I know where to get the next ones.

MEP001

Reaction score
Grainger is primarily in the business to supply other companies. They do over-the-counter sales but the vast majority of their sales is to contractors and other retailers. They give massive discounts to their larger accounts - we used to get 65% off list on motors.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We very recently here in Bismarck had a Harbor Freight Outlet set up a good sized store within a few miles of us. I actually was somewhat impressed by their selection of different items that could be useful to us car wash operators. The brands are not that familiar so I am not sure about the quality. We bought some varibits that were way less expensive than at the electrical distributorships here in town but have not had a chance to put them through a test yet. Any car wash operators willing to go out on a limb bragging about Harbor Freight???

Another item that we bought that had a good price was a nifty versatile vise for our drill press.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If I want a basic item that gets occasional use I like Harbor Freight stuff. I weigh quarters on a Harbor freight scale, keep Change in a Harbor freight Safe, use open end wrench sets from them - Never had one break. I have some Vises and bench top grinders, screwdrivers grinding wheels, Blade type electrical fiitings, nylon wire ties, step type drill bits, Cobalt bit sets, and I am sure some other stuff as well.

Randy

Reaction score
Harbor Freight sells mostly junk, I’ve got a store not far from my house. It’s normally the last place I go for anything. If I need a tool for a one time use and I’ll never use again or I’m going to toss it after I’ve used it than I might buy something there.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
TODAY ONLY Sept 22nd

30% off a $300.00 purchase or 25% off $175 purchase

enter coupon code STEPUPSALE at checkout.

If anyone wants a welder, They have competitive prices on Miller 211 Welders, and the %30 off makes them a bargain. Plus Miller is offering a rebate program: http://www.millerwelds.com/landing/build-with-blue/files/pdf/Build-With-Blue-Rebate.pdf

I'm thinking about a Pelican Cooler. Some of their models are priced competitively, others are not......

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
TODAY ONLY Sept 22nd

30% off a $300.00 purchase or 25% off $175 purchase

enter coupon code STEPUPSALE at checkout.

If anyone wants a welder, They have competitive prices on Miller 211 Welders, and the %30 off makes them a bargain. Plus Miller is offering a rebate program: http://www.millerwelds.com/landing/build-with-blue/files/pdf/Build-With-Blue-Rebate.pdf

I'm thinking about a Pelican Cooler. Some of their models are priced competitively, others are not......
Thanks! Ordered some Raychem heat cables.