What's new

Saving a few $$ with Zoro Tools

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
On the below link you will see 30% off on $100 of ZORO SELECT. That seems to mean it is limited to just their Zoro Select items which is a huge number of items. I found some 100% stainless steel (300 grade) T clamps ... they had the idealtriton.com manufacturer # so I verified the specs a bit better. I met the minimum of $100 on those zoro select clamps & it did go through. On details on the below link it shows the coupon expires 2/29/2020.

I notice the range of min max openings for these extra durable strong rust free clamps is not as much as other style of clamps so one has to measure what they need on the outer part of what they clamp onto ... in a precise way ... less forgiving if you will. My mosmatic blow dry booms is where hopefully they will be more fail safe than the much cheaper clamps. Anything overhead should make us a bit more cautious IMHO. Whatever falling from a height can be very ugly scenario it seems!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
As far as the above 30% post by me ... I appears to be limited to what can be filtered & routed from the below Zoro link ... not sure since that is the first time I have used Zoro Select.

There are still some 20% though. My postcard says PRESDAY2020m with $150 minimum expires 2-23-2020. Not sure if the postcard was an exclusive just for certain customers???

Has anyone else gone the ZORO SELECT route ... I wonder if it is something new ... this is my first encounter with this part of Zoro.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I thought Zoro select was their "house brand". Obviously they're not making stuff and Ideal is probably is making them. I would just scroll down and check Country of Origin to be sure.

That looks like a shareable code. If it's a unique code it has a alphanumeric ID like "ZM16qTP" or something similar.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
That looks like a shareable code. If it's a unique code it has a alphanumeric ID like "ZM16qTP" or something similar.
He probably thought the "m" at the end meant it was just for Mike.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I thought Zoro select was their "house brand". Obviously they're not making stuff and Ideal is probably is making them. I would just scroll down and check Country of Origin to be sure.

I just checked again on the postcard in front of me & it is definitely PRESDAY2020M. I remember sharing a postcard one before & Earl said it did not work. That is what I was going by. Unique code ... something to consider ... that matches whoever???

Greg & others,

If I am delusional in my advanced age ... I do appreciate being called on it ... but in this case ... not applicable???

Zoro Select items might be rebranded to their brand ... but I needed better specs & the fact that Zoro shared the idealtriton.com manufacturer number enabled me to verify more thoroughly.

IDEAL in the whole of clamps is its own unique brand with many of their products commonly found our local hardware stores. I remember getting a break from one local hardware store (Farm & Home Supply) because we needed a couple hundred for our major washing machine revision. 32x8=256. Like I said it was my first encounter with looking at the Zoro Select labeling when I was taken to this Zoro link:

It appears to be a subset within Zoro ... not sure if I understand Zoro's reasoning ... but appreciated the 30% that did work on my order ... I just typed in idealtriton's number & the packs of 5 kept coming up with Zoro Select identifie vs just Zoro. BTW about half the price I paid previously at Amazon ... assuming that the quality is as good!

MEP001

Reaction score
Two codes, both are limited to certain categories or brands:

15% off orders of $100+
20% off orders of $250+
Use Code IDUN
Ends March 6, 11:59 PM CST

20% off orders of $150+
Use Code FORSETI
Ends March 6, 11:59 PM CST

All orders over $50 have free shipping.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
25% off order of $60 or more. Expires March 8th, 2020
Use Code TRUSTB244WF

Looks to be good for all categories.

Figures... I need to order a compressor motor and can't find a Zoro code I can use.

MEP001

Reaction score
15% off $150+

code GERYON

Good thru April 10th

I wonder what's up with the mythological names as codes lately.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm surprised there isn't a promo code on their site with Labor Day coming up.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
They may send them out as late as Monday. If they don't, login and put some items in your cart. If you don't complete checkout they will sometimes send you a 15% off code the next day.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you have chase credit cards but I noticed when I logged into my Chase account and went into the Chase Offers section they are giving 35% cash back on zoro purchases up to a max of $157 back. It expires 5/4/2021. I have a Chase Ink card if it matters.

I used that offer a long with the milwaukee tool code that @MEP001 posted above, since you can stack them.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Based on a quick look on my Chase Cards Offers section ... it appears like they do not consistently apply the discount-cash back even on the specifically mentioned INK card. Anybody else notice this???

inkOffers.PNG

Overachiever

Reaction score
Based on a quick look on my Chase Cards Offers section ... it appears like they do not consistently apply the discount-cash back even on the specifically mentioned INK card. Anybody else notice this???
Yeah I guess it does give you different offers than me... here is a screenshot from mine:

Capture.png