What's new

Sanitize procedure??

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our detail shop sanitizes the car with ozone and steam in the detail process.

Is everyone else doing this ?

We have increased prices to reflect the added service.

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
no we do not offer this service with our full service washes. We are express but have a full service option. The only sanitizing we have implemented is a bottle of hand sanitizer on the complementary towel/glass cleaner/fragrance carts and we wipe down the vacuum nozzle every so often.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no we do not offer this service with our full service washes. We are express but have a full service option. The only sanitizing we have implemented is a bottle of hand sanitizer on the complementary towel/glass cleaner/fragrance carts and we wipe down the vacuum nozzle every so often.
I think you are missing out on an opportunity to provide a more thorough service, while making extra money giving the customer what they want.

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
So I avg around daily 270 weekday and 360 Saturdays and maybe around 200 sundays with full service around 10% of the business. Let me see what this looks like with the additional service. Are you charging an additional fee or is this included in a particular package? What type of equipment are you using?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I avg around daily 270 weekday and 360 Saturdays and maybe around 200 sundays with full service around 10% of the business. Let me see what this looks like with the additional service. Are you charging an additional fee or is this included in a particular package? What type of equipment are you using?
We raised detailing prices by $30 to sanitize every car. We use a rainbowair ozone machine and a mytee steamer.

buda

Reaction score
From what I have determined from my research is that you might also need to use a bacteria-killing chemical, similiar to what is used in resturants in their kitchens to wipe hard surfaces down and spray on the carpets and fabric upholsteries and headliners.