What's new

Sales in Canada

Etowah

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

I guess since I've asked for it, I should be the first one to post. I was wondering if anyone saw a downturn in sales due to the economy?

So far we've had a good winter and spring as the weather has been nice. This is probably the first recession for most of us and I was trying to determine how "recession proof" the business really is in Canada?

BigLeo

easywash

Reaction score
Canada

Hi BigLeo,

We have NOT seen a slow down on the Westcoast. If anything we are seeing more people choosing our two high end packages ($16 & $20).

I think people still like the "Small Luxuries" in life and in this day and age that can mean a carwash.

Nows the time to promote carwashing as a luxury you can still afford.

1gr8-wash

Reaction score
depends where you sit

I am out of hamilton and you can bet I droped at least 30% but talk to a buddy in richmond hill and everything is the same.
i would think blue collar towns got hit hard

bigleo48

Reaction score
We have a fair bit of manufacturing here (or what's left anyway). However 2009 was a bit better than 2008. However, I am in a big box location and so I believe that shields me to a certain extent.

Term8tor is from Windsor and he may add some perspective to 2009 that is more relevant to you. The Canadian Car Wash Association also has regional numbers and if my memory serves me right, I believe it was down about 5% over the previous year.

Hope your 2010 is better! Big