What's new

Sales drop - is this why?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
"getting" nutty in CA... ok thats funny
$3.78 this morning, noting that PA has the 3rd highest gas tax in the country, and among the worst roads. grrr.

edredtop

Reaction score
I'm guessing you'll probably see it approach $8 a gallon by end of 2024 with the new taxes and regulations your politburo and party secretary just passed.
I'm guessing it'll be $8 by the end of next month at the rate it's going. Fastest climb I've seen in some time. It definitely seems to be what's affecting traffic at my washes and my competitors. (amongst other wonderful political decisions) My thinking is if people vote for it, they must want it, and they can pay for it. I'm not eating cat food because the state needs 3 bathrooms in public buildings instead of 2 for example.🐈

Last edited:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
$6.79 for diesel fuel Holly crap nobody will even think about washing a car just traveling to work and back home. I am in NC and DF was $4.19 last week. With $200 fill ups washing a car will be a long lost thought as it was in 2007-2008. Dawn dish soap and totally Awsome will be the new thing.

edredtop

Reaction score
$6.79 for diesel fuel Holly crap nobody will even think about washing a car just traveling to work and back home. I am in NC and DF was $4.19 last week. With $200 fill ups washing a car will be a long lost thought as it was in 2007-2008. Dawn dish soap and totally Awsome will be the new thing.
Maybe we should take the gas station approach and have our prices lit up on the street and adjust them daily as needed. 🤷‍♂️

traveler17

Reaction score
Oh wow, that is crazy, Wilmington NC and it’s around 3.40 here give or take a few cents. Hang in there, as soon as the election s ramp up gas will go way down and another Covid lockdown probably coming 😬

washnshine

Reaction score
I wonder if the price increase causes people with monthly memberships to drop them, or not sign up if they may have if the prices were lower.

Roz

Reaction score
In MD Costco is $3.35 and outside the box store it is $3.45....

In Europe and Scandinavia it is $7-$8/ gal but almost all cars are hybrid (getting 50 miles/gal) or electric (getting 100 miles/gal).

People still get their cars washed (but all washes I recently saw were located at gas stations). They are three brush soft cloth IBA (WashTec equipment) and appear to be able to wash a 8'-10' vehicles. On the front of the entrance they have a count down timer for the car you are waiting to finish and the packages take about 7-8 minutes.

Randy

Reaction score
Up here in the Pacific Northwest south of Seattle gasoline is running at around $4.99 - $5.25 a gallon. Diesel is at $5.75 - $5.99 a gallon. Everything in Seattle is crazy expensive. The high cost of fuel, food and other goods is definitely impacting the car wash business. I read this morning that the animal shelter is getting more abandoned animals because people can’t afford to feed them.