What's new

Rytec Door Motor

scarrylarry

Reaction score
Hi All, I felt compelled to post about my experience. I have multiple automatics, most with Air-Lift doors. I also had 1 Rytec Windstar door operating at another wash for the last 6 years. The motor went out on the Rytec and I have been trying to get an estimate for replacement. I received the estimate today from my local door distributor that I could not believe. I decided to call Rytec and ask them about the cost and they said that my door would require a new Sterling motor and that the cost of the motor with shipping was in excess of $5000. I recently purchased a new Air Lift for another location that cost $8,500 installed. The same outfit that did the install told me a new motor and gearbox would cost around $1500 if they were to go out. My intention of posting this is to let others know that before they purchase a car wash door, make sure you understand the costs to replace key components. For me, lesson learned. Looks like I will be buying another Air-Lift very soon ...

washnvac

Reaction score
The $1500 is absurd. The words for the $5k, I am not allowed to post here. Good luck to them going out of business.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NEMA 4 electric operators made by Liftmaster cost me $1200 each.

I don't think there is any inexpensive commercial door or operator especially for a car wash environment.

I think that's why we keep pricing high for the wash while keeping up with routine maintenance.