What's new

Ryko Ultrasonic Error #12 Car tire meas.

whitebirch

Reaction score
Any ideas how to clear/troubleshoot/fix a #12 error on a Ryko Ultrasonic? It is a car tire measurement error.

Thanks

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Clean the photoeyes at the front of the bay that activate the rocker panel blasters then run a vehicle through and see if it clears itself out, I used to get these after I was working in front of them or just standing in front of them for a few minutes.

whitebirch

Reaction score
Thanks. I am getting an error 25. Arm Prox error. Is there a way to trouble shoot this?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Check the inputs to the PLC, pull the arms in and out to see if they the input lights make a transition. It could be a air solenoid if the arm is not coming in during the wash.

whitebirch

Reaction score
We have been receiving the #25 error (Arm prox) for several days now. But, it will work fine for a number of cars and then it will error out after turning to go down the drivers side for the first time. All the prox switches are lighting up when the arm rotates.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Do you have a handheld programmer or a CAW 4 to retrieve the 4 digit codes?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
No, he doesn't but I do, I had him put a call into Ray for some "over the phone" advice, I stopped by to see what was going on I manually put the arm in the middle of the bay and rotated to the "forward" position and it spun 360 degrees but the proper proxes are lit up when it's in the 90 degree position at either direction for the wash process and his d timers are all ok, so I am waiting to see what Ray has to say before I try anything else.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
What 4 digit codes did you find and at what point during the wash did they occur?

whitebirch

Reaction score
Here are some codes that I got from the CAW:
9025, 0411, AB18

These are the majority of the codes.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long I have been very busy. These codes indicate the plc was turned off or the PLC's internal power supply is going low. These PLC's rarely go bad, but I have seen them loose power due to a shorted input. It would be hard to find if it is only intermitant. Are you still having problems?