What's new

Ryko Thrust Pro Dryer Problem

robblackburn

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Ryko thrust pro dryer? I am having trouble with mine not turning off and continuing to run. It is my understanding that inside the PLC of the dryer there is a maximum run timer that should turn off the dryer after set amount. My dryer works with two loop detectors. If the loop detectors find the vehicle properly then everything works fine and the dryers shuts off when vehicle exits. If he vehicle pulls into the dryer area early then the dryer will continue to run. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rob

robblackburn

Reaction score
Code 11

I also wanted to add that sometimes the dryer will give me a code 11. Anyone know what this is. The output number 11 will be flashing and the dryer will be out of service until it is reset.

Thanks.

briteauto

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Ryko thrust pro dryer? I am having trouble with mine not turning off and continuing to run.
Rob
Rob,

I do not own a Ryko machine, but I do know of a location that has a softgloss with a thrust pro and this is what I have noticed. If there is only one car in the wash and it goes through the dryer, the dryer shuts off once the car has cleared the detector. However, if another car has at least paid for the next wash or is in the bay and actually getting washed, the dryer does not turn off even when the first car clears the detector. The dryer remains on during the next wash cycle(s) until the last car exits. So really, this is only an "on demand" dryer if there are no other vehicles in the cue line.

I have no idea if this is normal for this machine/blower or if it is what you are experiencing with your wash, but that is what I have noticed at this particular location. It does seem rather wasteful - the time between drying cycles can be up to 4-5 minutes.

Mike

MEP001

Reaction score
The reason for the dryer staying on could be to prevent the start-up load on a consecutive wash, but a VFD would do the same thing and save the energy of keeping the motors running. Sounds like they opted to save money on hardware rather than the customer's electric bill.

robblackburn

Reaction score
Rob,

I do not own a Ryko machine, but I do know of a location that has a softgloss with a thrust pro and this is what I have noticed. If there is only one car in the wash and it goes through the dryer, the dryer shuts off once the car has cleared the detector. However, if another car has at least paid for the next wash or is in the bay and actually getting washed, the dryer does not turn off even when the first car clears the detector. The dryer remains on during the next wash cycle(s) until the last car exits. So really, this is only an "on demand" dryer if there are no other vehicles in the cue line.

I have no idea if this is normal for this machine/blower or if it is what you are experiencing with your wash, but that is what I have noticed at this particular location. It does seem rather wasteful - the time between drying cycles can be up to 4-5 minutes.

Mike
Thanks for the reply. What you are describing is a setup option of the dryer. I believe that it is called continous dry or something and will keep the dryer on if there is another car being washed. I am looking for a mximum run timer that should shut down the dryer if this timer expires. Mine does not work and if the loop detector does not send the signal to end then it will continue to run indefinately. Does anyone know if "rykropro" is still around - he seemed to have a good understanding of this stuff. Thanks !