What's new

Ryko thrust pro dryer flap issues

Decastel1997

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

It seems like I keep getting this issue on service calls, the flap of the thrust pro dryer is supposed to come down during the dry cycle but it stays stuck. I’ve tried moving the ratcheting mechanism gear up to release the offset and it works for a little and then jams again..I’ve played with the air pressure as well and it fixes it for a while and then jams again…

Any idea why it does this?

thanks!!!

MGSMN

Reaction score
The dryer needs this to happen in order to drop the follower: top fans start and both air flow switches activate, the dryer photo eye (or loop) can not be blocked (sensing). If that is good then the small cylinder pulls the ratchet pawls back and the main cylinder releases. Seconds later the ratchet pawls release. You stated that playing with the air pressure makes it work for a while, that suggests the small cylinder may need replacing. Lube the pawls and gear and adjust the air flow valve for the small cylinder. Grease the pivot bearings on both sides while you're up there. Good Luck!

Decastel1997

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, still seem to be having the same problem intermittently..We got it to work again and did a couple test washes and everything worked fine. Not sure what caused it to get stuck (AGAIN)..I guess it’s back to the drawing board!

MGSMN

Reaction score
Typically when the follower randomly won't drop its related to the air flow switches not activating (lube them with WD40 so they move freely).
If you're finding that the ratchet pawls are wedged or binding in the gear it could be that the main cylinder is not holding the follower fully up to the bumper stop at rest. That would put pressure against the pawls and the small cylinder will not have enough power to pull them up and release them from the gear, so it won't drop. The pawls should be free/loose and easily lifted when the dryer is at rest. You could loosen the gear and reposition it slightly as there is a small amount of play in the mounting. That may help with binding. The small cylinder could also just be worn out and bypassing air when its supposed to be retracting and lifting the pawls, so the pawls will wedge in the gear and stop it from dropping (like its designed to).

2022-11-01.png