What's new

Ryko Softgloss

DavidM

Reaction score
I just purchased a wash with a 10 year old Ryko SoftGloss. This is not a machine I am familiar with so I am trying to get up to speed. It has a few issues that need to be corrected to get a quality wash.

Does anyone know what size spray tips are supposed to be on the machine? Most of them appear to be very worn. Spot free isn't fanning out of all of the nozzles and I think maybe some are so worn that there isn't enough water supply to fill all of the nozzles. There could be another underlying issue but I haven't gotten that far yet.

What RPM are the brushes supposed to spin at? They seem slow but I'm not sure that is adjustable because they don't appear to be VFD driven.

Thanks for the help!

David

MGSMN

Reaction score
Brushes should be spinning at ~70 rpm, not adjustable.

There are three sets of typical fan type nozzles on the machine, wash, rinse and regular foam bath.

The wash nozzles are used during the brush cycles. These brass nozzles wear out fast because of the detergent being injected in the wash water for brush lubrication.

The rinse nozzles are used during the fresh water rinse, wax/clearcoat/rainshield or spot free passes.

If the spot free is the only pass that is weak it may just be you have a low volume/pressure R/O transfer pump or a very long run it flows through.

If the machine was applying a Rain X type product for more than a couple years, I would inspect the 1/2" water lines on the machine that go to the rinse nozzles. They are most likely clogged with build up restricting the flow rate. If so plan on replacing them all and cleaning the build up out of all of the water line tees, bulkhead fittings and the PVC where the main rinse line connects.

Rinse nozzles:

Top center (if it has one) = 4gpm, 95degree
Rear high sides = 2gpm, 95degree
Front high sides = 3gpm, 95degree
Center high sides (if it has them) = 2gpm, 25degree
Sides upper = 2gpm, 95degree
Sides lower = 1gpm, 95degree

Hope this helps, Good luck.

DavidM

Reaction score
Thank you! That is exactly the information I was looking for.

I will check out those hoses. Some of the nozzles were clogged solid from the Rainshield product so I imagine the hoses have a build up as well.

David

DavidM

Reaction score
Followup...

You were absolutely right about the buildup. Some of the fittings were clogged almost solid, I am amazed anything was coming out at all. Cleaned up most of the Tees and 90s and replaced some hose now everything is working much better!

Thanks again
David