What's new

Ryko Softgloss Sound (Db) Measurement?

WashSingh

Reaction score
Has anyone done a sound measurement, or know of any sound measurement data that is available for the Ryko Softgloss? Particularly when the brushes are washing a car, or when the dryer is running?

Thanks,

carwashireland

Reaction score
you can get a pretty accurate app for your phone that can do this if you visit a site with a softgloss. I used this once whilst an expert was measuring the sound of a truck wash. My free app results were within 2 db of the experts results with his expensive sound gear

Ryko CS

Reaction score
WashSingh, we don't publish generic dB measurements on the equipment because it can vary significantly by site. Differences in bay height/width, wall coverings, doors and even outside landscaping can significantly alter acoustics at a specific location. Different styles of dryers (on-board, 3 fan, 4 fan w/follower, etc.) will also all be different. Because of these, I agree with CarWashIreland that it's often better if you took readings with the apps available to take readings that will work for you.

I do have a couple of generic versions that I can send if you would like to send me your email address, but don't know how well they would match to what you have.

Etowah