What's new

Ryko Softgloss Problem

SuperClean

Reaction score
While im waiting a couple days for the tec im sure someone on here has the fix. When a car enters the bay everything is good. When they pull onto the treadle there is no buzzer and the wash starts up puts the soap on and then goes back to the front and the green lights go on to exit. Everything on the plc looks ok nothing is lit up that is not supposed to be. Has anyone had this before. Thanks

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Is there 2 digit code on the control box in the bay? usually it will -- sounds to me like a code 19 "Any Arm Prox not activating" do the brushes spin when it is driving forward and is it touching the vehicle?

Last edited:

SuperClean

Reaction score
Yes but the problem is my first digit is kinda burnt out so it looks like 19 ultrasonic sensor but it looks fine and is on but could be anything.I should see if they sell a replacement for that. The brushes do spin and my brushes don't come in on the first pass back to the front. Thanks

SuperClean

Reaction score
Sorry it looks like 09 but was just looking at the list and 19 is a prox arm there is no light on the plc for it put I think I might just swap them out I have extras. Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

nascar8814

Reaction score
Sorry it looks like 09 but was just looking at the list and 19 is a prox arm there is no light on the plc for it put I think I might just swap them out I have extras. Thanks for pointing me in a direction.
Did you check the 24volt breakers? Maybe CB1 is tripped?

robblackburn

Reaction score
While im waiting a couple days for the tec im sure someone on here has the fix. When a car enters the bay everything is good. When they pull onto the treadle there is no buzzer and the wash starts up puts the soap on and then goes back to the front and the green lights go on to exit. Everything on the plc looks ok nothing is lit up that is not supposed to be. Has anyone had this before. Thanks
Most likely will be the home of the rear prox turning on or off when not supposed to. Check both for damage and the test each to watch them properly turn off and on. You are looking for one that gets hung on when remove metal object. Good luck.

nascar8814

Reaction score
Most likely will be the home of the rear prox turning on or off when not supposed to. Check both for damage and the test each to watch them properly turn off and on. You are looking for one that gets hung on when remove metal object. Good luck.
Don't think it's going to be a front or rear end prox causing the problem. If the front arms are not coming in when the wash gets to the front of the car, then that's the problem. See if the front arms do come in, if they do and the wash still shuts down then it's most likely one of the front arm proxes.

robblackburn

Reaction score
Anything possible but if home prox stays on after gantry leaves home position then gantry will shut down around the treadle and return home like he is saying. See it happen all the time. The front and rear proxes are also much more likely to get damaged than the arm proxes.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Do you have a CAW on site? If so, please go into reports and pull up diagnostics history and send it to me. It sounds as if your machine is tagging on of the 8XXX or 9XXX codes that indicates it is shutting down. With this, I should be able to give you some guidance on where to look. Ultrasonics will not shut down a machine. A bad prox switch could, depending on which one and machine positioning at the time.

You mention on the rear to front pass the brushes spin. Do the front arms come in going rear to front? Do the rear arms come in going rear to front? How far forward is the machine travelling forward before it shuts down?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Mine is now doing the EXACT same thing I will monitor my inputs with my handheld when I get there and report my findings.

SuperClean

Reaction score
I need to buy a hand held any one have one for sale? I checked all the proxys and they seem alright they all light up the plc when I pull them in and go off when the bushes go out. It weird that the buzzer does not go off when they pull in everything else seems fine until the wash gets to the front. It does the soap pass then the brushes start up and travels to the front As soon as it get to the front the lights turn green but the door does not open until you come off the treadle. For some reason my brushes don't come in on the first pass it started this a couple years ago. Im hoping the tec comes out tomorrow but might be the end of the week before I can get the handheld on it. Thanks

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Darin,

What does CB1 control? that's what keeps tripping.

Code 1007 Front arm proxes not seen Seq 0085

Here's what happens

1. Trifoam starts front to rear
2. Brushes turn on no wash water
3. Travels rear to front with all brushes retracted
4. Reaches the front end prox brushes stop spinning
5. Tells customer to exit and the dryer kicks on.

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
SuperClean, if you are using Ryko activation and have a CAW, you can go into the reports and pull diagnostics. If not, you would need the HPP. Brushes should not turn on in first pass from front to rear, but they should turn on from rear to front. If the front arms don't come in on the sides in the rear to front pass, this indicates the photoeye X20 isn't transitioning when it should, but that would not take the machine down. If the green light is turning on as soon as the machine gets to the front, I would need diagnostics to figure it out.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Steve, CB1 controls wire 11 which supplies +24VAC to the bank of inputs Y20 - Y37. If that is tripping, I would suspect one of the water valve coils may be shorting. Most likely, it would be either the wash water valve on Y30, or the rinse manifold on Y31.

Based on what you described, it's most likely your wash water solenoid on Y30. If this trips, CB1 also controls all your air solenoids for your front and rear arms, so that would prevent all of them from coming in. Because they aren't energizing, the machine would tag a code for the arm proxes not transitioning. Sequence code 85 is the machine driving forward waiting for the front arm proxes to come in which will allow the machine to slow down and go into front arm dwell. If front arm proxes aren't seen, the machine can't slow down until the endstops.

SuperClean

Reaction score
I will check on the water now that you mention it I cant remember if it was coming out that could be my problem Thanks this fourm is the best I hope I can tell the tec not to bother coming out.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Is the main one a 3/4 inch 24v or 1/2 I might just pick one up one the way to the wash.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We replaced our Wash Water Solenoid last week now I'm replacing the Rinse Valve Solenoid tomorrow morning I just bought the repair kits for them both not the entire body.