What's new

Ryko softgloss maxx 3

Dantha

Reaction score
I am having different codes with my Ryko soft gloss maxx 3. I have had this machine for 2.5 years and had issues almost since day one. However currently we are failing on about one out of every 5 washes. Most common codes are 8124,8820, and 9137. Also common error on the touch screen is bay as on unexpectedly error 21.
1572119545474.jpeg

Attachments

MGSMN

Reaction score
8124-either the bay switch or back up photo eye is blocked, clean them, align them, bad eye? = code 21
8820-rear end stop prox was on unexpectedly, trash/cans along the track or under the machine, bad prox?
9137-bay switch photo eye did not activate with in 3 minutes after the machine was armed. eyes not working? entrance door not opening?

Dantha

Reaction score
Thanks. Main challenge is that we will wash 4 or 5 cars then it fails again. What I mean is that we have consistent error codes (mainly the 8124) but not consistent failures. If the eyes were mis aligned could this happen? I would think it would fail every time if misaligned.
We have replaced prox, tracks are clean, replaced the emitter and receiver photo eye on the bay switch. Have not replaced the back up eyes. Replaced the 24v communication cord from machine to the LLC box. When we manually test photo eyes they light up and go off as they should.
Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help. Hoping RYKO will put some effort into this without draining my wallet too much as it has been going on for some time.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Possible an intermittent interruption in electrical connection? I had the exact issue on a proximities sensor on my radius that would works a few times and then not.

Dantha

Reaction score
That is what I think as well which is why we replaced the 24v cord. But it is still failing. We are messing with the count prox now thinking that if that is off it could be causing the eyes to throw errors???
How did you fix your intermittent interruption in electrical connection?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Sorry not to respond sooner, but have been out.

For the 8124, that code is only generated when the PLC doesn't see the input from either the bayplate or backup photoeye while the machine is not armed. Most likely, these would generate due to being misaligned or dirty, but you could also lose the input if something were pulling down the voltage to the 24VAC signal. If it happens when you are busy, everything will be wet, and best chance for something to short. You could have a prox somewhere or something that would pull down the input voltage and cause that issue. I'd check wires 25 (24VAC common) and 26 (24VAC hot) to see what you read with the machine at rest, but when wet. If you are around 22V, something is shorted.

The 8820 code is rear endstop on a SGMX3 coming on at a time when it's not expected. If the face is shaved, that would drive that code, and could easily pull down the voltage.