What's new

Ryko softgloss max 3 months old backup light sticks on.

Reaction score
The back up light sticks on, the tape switch was changed to a air pressure switch and the same thing happens, people go over the tredle, the back up light comes on, they back up but the light stays on and the wash does not start! has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the fix, I was ready to replace another locations iba with this machine now I am having second thoughts.

MGSMN

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're referring to the 5 brush softgloss max that is 3 months old and not the new Softgloss Max 3 that is months old. :rolleyes: ---- It's probably "Bay Plate Lockout", the timing sequence of the bay plate, back up and tire finder photo eye inputs not happening in the correct sequence. The ultimate fix is Ryko's "Flex Vehicle Positioning Kit" AKA - photo eye bay plate retro kit. With this kit installed the well known bay plate lock out issue is a thing of the past.

slash007

Reaction score
I have the new Flex vehicle positioning kit and if fixed that problem. As a bonus, the bay floor is clean and wide open now. Only downside is that if someone were to drive all the way next to the machine, the wash will still start as opposed to before where you had to be on a bay plate for it to start. Very rare, but of course someone managed to do it. Drove all the way to the left of the entrance guide and right next to the machine. It started and the tire finder photo eye and tire scrub photo eyes got bent along with some other things.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I too have the Flex Positioning kit for my SoftGloss and it has been a major improvement over the old floor treadle system, The SoftGloss Maxx itself is a awesome system. I do believe that Ryko is phasing out the floor treadle and going with the Flex Positioning system on all outgoing units from now on.

If you want to order it here is the info:

SoftGloss MAXX with FX3U
Part # 28586-000 Retro-kit and program module part # 27650-006

SoftGloss XS 2 with FX2N
Part # 28586-000 Retro-kit and program module part # 25695-002

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The virtual bayplate option mentioned above is one solution, but you likely have a sequencing problem due to the positioning of the bayplate, backup airswitch or entrance end tire locate photoeye (X020).

First item to check is the position of the machine when it is at home position. In each of the different drive speeds, the machine should position where the track stays are within 1/2" of the front endstop bumpers. The bayplate and backup airswitch positioning are shown in the "typical bay layout" drawing in the installation manual. All of these measurements are critical.

As the vehicle pulls in, they will first get on the bayplates. If they continue forward, the bayplate inputs would turn off, and they should pulse the backup airswitch. If they continue further forward, they would block the entrance end tire locate photoeye. Once they realize they are too far forward, those same inputs should pulse in sequence going reverse. The problem happens if two of those components are able to be blocked at the same time, or if one of them doesn't pulse when backing up.

As an example, a car pulls forward and goes all the way past the entrance end tire locate phototyes. When they backup, they block the photoeyes, drive over the backup airswitch and get back on the bayplate. If the backup airswitch signal didn't provide an input to the PLC, then they didn't go sequentially, and the bayplate can get locked out. The reason they do this is to prevent the rear tires from getting on a bayplate and the wash starting.

Please check and make sure each of these are in the proper position and functioning properly. Most often, I find that the machine isn't getting all the way up against the bumpers, or the airswitch is out of position where they can pulse the airswitch at the same time as blocking the tire photoeye.

Etowah

Day-nightsigns

Reaction score
Does anyone have the wiring schematics on the Ryko Flex Vehicle Positioning Kit?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Did you purchase the Flex Vehicle Positioning kit from Ryko? if not you can't just wire in photoeyes because the program has to be changed as well.