What's new

Ryko softgloss and presoak solenoid

trentu

Reaction score
We have had our ryko softgloss in for about 11 months. In that time I have replaced 2 of the presoak (3 hole) solenoids and am about to replace my second presoak pump. All because they start leaking or in the case of the pump the injector pulls away from the pump. Anyone else had this many problems with that solenoid? I am thinking about just putting a 2 hole solenoid on and pulling/capping the 3rd line. Not even sure why it is there. Thanks

captain cw

Reaction score
What chemicals are you using? Some pre-soaks can be very aggressive on fittings. I know Zep can flat out destroy all kinds of stuff. The chemical salesmen never admit it. They just blame everything on the equipment.

soapy

Reaction score
I think the 3 hole solenoid valve has a built in bypass. It might be part of the freeze protection if you have that feature. The chemical will be cycled through the solenoid and back to the chemical tank to keep the lines from freezing. If it is a brass solenoid valve then most high PH presoak will eat right through it eventually. Try getting a stainless steel solenoid.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Why such harsh chemicals in a softgloss? They are not necessary.

Etowah