What's new

ryko soft gloss wash equipment interface

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
need some help! purchased a used RYKO select a wash,half way into stripping the unit down for refurb I decided to do away with the select a wash components and use as a soft gloss. I have replace the AMTT with an ICS auto sentry flex, and down to the input wiring I'm confused about the arming I have created 3 wash packages with my HHP. I have been informed that with any built package that one of the default 1 pass or 2 pass would have to be armed with the foam bright,the package of choice and 1 or 2 pass dry. now I have washed using all three of the packages I have designed, and the machine works great . Now I'm at the point of connecting the auto sentry to the ryko and found that the auto sentry uses pulse outputs which is fine for arming the default 1 or 2 pass but I have to have a constant connection to the packages 1 - 3 during the complete wash cycle or the default 1 or 2 pass takes over . is this were the wash equipment interface comes in .

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
You cannot use the WEI (Wash Equipment Interface) with a non Ryko coinbox. If your wash is new enough, you can wire from the coinbox directly to the PLC (granted your coinbox is giving a usable arming signal, you may need to add relays or even timers), otherwise you will need a "wash combination selector" interface to replace you WEI.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
ok after one ryko tech disconnecting with me today I did have a chance to talk to a second tech that sounded a bit green but was at least nice enough to hear me out what I have found is that #1 with any wash package I must send a pulse to arm a 1 pass or 2 pass wash input 30 or 31 . # 2 I must send a pulse to 1 of 3 35, 28, 29 optional wash inputs that I programed myself for the different services and #4 send a pulse for a foam brite wash input 32 and if I want dry need to send a pulse to 34 or 43 for a 1 pass or 2 pass dry.
now to add this up on my basic or low $ package I simply pulse to 30 for the 1 pass 32 for the foam brite and 35 for the lowest $ package and what I get in the bay is a 1 pass arming unlsess!!!!!! I arm and latch for the duration of the wash 35 the optional wash I designed then the plc will see and conduct what I have programed. I gave the tech this info and he was nice enough to try but basicky said he didnt know why I neede to have a constant input to use the option wash and that the plc needs just a pulse after giving him the eprom version of 23403-000 he paused and sain OH yeah thats old and I really dont have much info on that unit so basicly its out dated good luck hope you can make it work. now Im at the point of adding a pulse activated relay or a time relay to close and hold the power or common to these inputs for the duration of the wash. Im using an ICS Auto Sentry Flex which is capable of sending more than one pulse out oput at a given time to activate or arm the inputs thats not the problem the issue is I need to close and latch till the end of the wash my added options.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to replace the WEI with a wash combination selector. This is what is used with a non Ryko coinbox on older machines.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
Thanks for the input I have found the fix.The auto sentry is capable of sending more than one pulse to each wash package I have three preprogrammed packages with different options. #1 out from the auto sentry pulse arms every package with a 2 pass arming. # 2-4 out from the auto sentry pulse the three option packages which I have three relays rigged to receive a pulse and latch for the complete wash cycle and works great.

Last edited:

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
Now on to the next issue, in order for the auto sentry to accept the next wash it needs to see a wash open and wash not busy signal from the ryko which is wash open output # Y4 and wash busy # Y2 from the plc which is working fine but the auto sentry needs to also see a wash open signal go low then high after the wash complete for 2 seconds and is said that the ryko will work this way I have watched the output light #Y4 before during and after wash complete and the light stays constant with no change so basically after a wash complete I have to break contact on the wash open to the auto sentry just for the 2 seconds and the next wash is accepted and ready for the auto to enter the bay. do I need a photo eye at the exit to close and re-open the wash open when the auto is leaving the bay? if so is this the input X 62

Last edited:

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
fixed it the auto sentry is programable to accept a number of wash open and wash busy configuration found the one I needed for the operation . I have 3 Touch n clean and 1 Auto Sentry Flex ICS is the best Tech support is #1 helped were ryko well is ryko.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
Now onto the enter and exit doors not closing with the thermostat control x60 and x61 input on but no output to door. doors work perfect when wash starts and wash complete just no close with thermostat .

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
Ok found the problem when not using the amtt the D temp settings have to be
Set to the lowest Deg.