What's new

ryko soft gloss problems

brascoe

Reaction score
We have a ryco soft gloss that we have a couple problems with. I get a code 33 and code 88 often. When its shows code 33, the book just says it not in home position. The machine is at the back of the bay and it stops there on the cycle the top brush is on. The top brush goes down the whole car and stops at the back of the bay and does not lift up and shuts down at that point. The code 88 the machine is at the front of the bay in the home postition. Now the door question. For automatic doors they are not coming down when the temp outside gets cold enough the inputs are on in the panel but no out puts. Is there a jumper wire needed for this or something different? I appreciate any responses and thank you.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The top brush issue is the "Top Brush Solenoid" needs to be replaced if you need to know where it is let me know and that will correct that problem. As for the doors do you have "F1" blinking or turned on in the control panel where the -- or your 2 digit display is at?, if not the doors will stay open until this is turned on.

brascoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Where is the solenoid located and it doesn't shut off every time just randomly. If that makes a difference or not

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It is in the right side panel of your softgloss behind the right rear brush open the panel and a host of gauges with be in there, it should have a sticker saying "Top Brush" or "Top Brush Solenoid" on it I have included a picture of it I recently had to replace the same Solenoid myself.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
It could also be the air cylinder itself. Also check your air pressure to the top brush, how fast does it go up? Is it hitting the stop bumpers real hard?