What's new

Ryko Soft Gloss Maxx 5 - reviews

66carwash

Reaction score
We are in the process of replacing a 15 year old Efusion and are leaning toward a Ryko for reliability and economics. Could anyone please leave us a review and if you currently have one or have looked at them in the past and have any input.
Thank you
Gary Fowler
66 Car Wash

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
We are in the process of replacing a 15 year old Efusion and are leaning toward a Ryko for reliability and economics. Could anyone please leave us a review and if you currently have one or have looked at them in the past and have any input.
Thank you
Gary Fowler
66 Car Wash
Just replaced RYKO soft gloss with MAXX5 about 6 months ago. Really like all the new features it offers compared to my old Wash. Has been very reliable so far. The only issue we had was they had to install a short bay kit due to the length of the bay. It has had a few issues with extended cab long bed trucks. I think they recently lost the guy at the main office that does the programming. But as a whole very satisfied. The wash cleans extremely well. It may not be as fast as others just depends on how you set it up, but with the Washbuilder you have quite a few options

washnshine

Reaction score
It may not be as fast as others just depends on how you set it up, but with the Washbuilder you have quite a few options
It actually has the potential to be one of the faster friction IBA’s. Five brush machines will always have the speed advantage over three brush machines. Of course, how you set up the cycles/passes also comes into play, but five brushes will always give you a faster wash, with everything else being equal.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I think they recently lost the guy at the main office that does the programming. But as a whole very satisfied. The wash cleans extremely well. It may not be as fast as others just depends on how you set it up, but with the Washbuilder you have quite a few options
No, our PLC programmer for the SGMX5 has been with us for several years, and is still writing the code. I'm glad to hear you are satisfied and that it's cleaning well!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
No, our PLC programmer for the SGMX5 has been with us for several years, and is still writing the code. I'm glad to hear you are satisfied and that it's cleaning well!
What is this new device called "Connected Solution" for the Maxx 5?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The "connected solution" will be at ICA through a portal and app. New units are shipping with the components to bring a machine online. Initially, the connected solution will include machine status notifications, diagnostics codes/sequences with descriptions and counts with future updates to follow such as the ability to used the portal or app for Washbuilder and other options.

Islandwash

Reaction score
Can this be retrofitted to recent Machines that just missed Washbuilder ?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Watch the ryko units around you wash a few cars and make sure you are happy with the back center section of cars.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Sonny's Patented the Swinging Wrap Coupler when they introduced it on the Bay Wash i5 and I remember being at the ICA show in Vegas when they introduced it, even spoke with Sonny and Paul Fazio about it, I still remember to this day their response was "Because Ryko Mfg. won't do it".