What's new

Ryko Rocket blaster not working

vinh

Reaction score
http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/20z2lgs0xgzgawojtt1w

Hi, My side blaster is not working. The blaster oscillates but no water. The pump inside starts but no water comes out. I believe it is the actual water valve (y5 pic 2) or the air solenoid (y 5 pic1) that send air to open the water valve. My question is how much air is need to open the water valve. I test the parker air solenoid (y5 pic 1) with my finger and it is less than 20 psi air. The compressed air to the solenoid is 70psi. Can I increase the air in the solenoid. there is a bolt screw on the bottom of the pic 1 that I can turn. Next is the water valve itself. how can I test out if it is bad? Has anyone change the valve kit? Astromatic sell a valve repair kit.

soapy

Reaction score
The air solenoid should let the same psi exit as is entering when activated. I keep several of these air solenoids on hand and replace them first since they are pretty cheap. If you are getting air coming out of the solenoid it should be enough to open the water valve. The water valve is made by Lex air and they are pretty expensive. I have had very little luck rebuilding them and having them work for any length of time. What you can do is take the water valve apart and clean it up a little. Leave the valve in place and undo the 4 allen bolts that hold the piston and bore to the main body. THe bore that the piston slides in can get gummed up and cause the piston to stick. Polish up the bore and spray a little wd40 in it to help it slide freely. I would get a new valve ordered because it will continue to stick on you.

vinh

Reaction score
It must be the air solenoid because pressure is a lot lower when solenoid is open. Where do you buy the solenoid from, soapy? I paid $67 at astromatic for non parker brand (DC kevin said).