What's new

Ryko Radius vs. Ultrasonic HP PSI

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

Do any of you know if the new Radius is the same HP pumping system as the old Untrasonic ('high impact' 400psi) or did Ryko change it?

BigLeo

DiamondWash

Reaction score
What Ryko is doing is offering both styles HP and Hi-Impact, I also like how Ryko said that any 3 brush units couldn't compare or match the SoftGloss cleaning ability and then they go and build one!!! (Trio) and how Hi-Impact is WAY better then HP and now they offer a HP style!!! So which is better??? as for the pumping unit itself I haven't seen the new HP pump stand yet, I wonder if it will look like a Laser or Washworld?

captain cw

Reaction score
They are using a Cat 3535 for their HP system. After having some experience with the TRIO and years of experience with the Softgloss, I think they proved their point. I don't like the three brush, no matter who makes it.

soapy

Reaction score
Rykos old Hp units used a large Manner hydra cell pump. I never had a problem with them. The Cat pump has a good reputation. The HP unit should use at least 1/3 less water than the hi impact version. I think the hi impact version is better on vehicles with lots of mud from my experience.

randy64

Reaction score
I think the main reason Ryko offers a High pressure machine is the amount of water it saves. (going green) And the pump bench looks like the radius bench with a different pump (3535). I was also supprised when they did this after hearing for years how high impact was better than high pressure.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I think it simply gives Ryko a wider range of marketing options at virtually no cost to them. It is a good marketing move and should cover the OHD Market more thoroughly for Ryko. If you want it--they got it. Water cost and savings (Go Green) would be their primary motivation and they now offer both in a very good OHD.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We have a Radius HP and it has worked very well so far. Ryko offers the HP because customers wanted it.

mac

Reaction score
Captain CW, there are a couple new three brush units that do a remarkable job. The Ceccato, one of the forum advertisers, gets places most three brush units don't. They have been making those machines for many years and seem to have figured it out.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ryko's Trio developed from over a decade of three brush washing in europe. The US version has foambrite of course. We installed one back in 07' and it has performed well.