Reliability?
Parts availability?
Quality?
Tech support?
Any opinions would be great.
Thanks

Scrub Free

Reaction score
Just gathering that information now. I went through one recently and it seems like it has pleanty of pressure. I wasn't impressed with the factory signage and I hope they offer a better on board dryer.
The price is extremely competitive

slash007

Reaction score
At the show I was told they offer a high volume version and also a high velocity version. You need to make sure you know which one you are looking at.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
hey man not trying to bum the thread here on Ryko but at the show in Nashville on the show floor the WashWorld razor which now is the second generation machine just made all the other touchfree machines look so cheap. Just from what I seen. Unless you got a crappy distributor in your area or something.If I was buying a brand new one thats what I would have. I personally have PDQ but it was so freaking nice.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The Radius HT is offered as either High Impact (HI) or High Pressure (HP).
The HP model uses a CAT 3535 and operates about 1000 PSI at 35 GPM.
The HI model uses a Berkeley centrifugal pump that operates around 325 PSI at 60 GPM.

soapy

Reaction score
I have 5 of the OHD touchless, the first generation of the radius. I have been extremely happy with them. I have had some for over 10 years and they are IMO the most reliable machine out there. THe biggest problem I have seen is that swivels wear out but that happens to any machine. I have the hi impact units and I think they are a little easier on parts than a High pressure unit. The Hi impact will remove mud much better that the hi pressure.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Soapy which one is more efficient on water? with extremely high water cost rising in my area maybe Ryko has a solution with that style pump and machine

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I second that on the Hi Impact feature now all Ryko needs to do is have a switchable Hi Impact halo version instead of the low pressure setup, I still have customers complain that the arm only does the right side on Clear coat, Surface Sealant or Spot Free when the Flex Pass on the W.W Razor turns on customers can see and feel the function.

Last edited:

Scrub Free

Reaction score
Soapy, how much time does it take to replace the swivel?
Have you seen electrical issues in the boom?
I'm checking one out today so I may have more questions thnx

soapy

Reaction score
The impact pump will use more water vs. the Hi pressure pump unless you have a water recycle system. If you do have a water recycle system the Hi impact pump will work better with recycle water. The rotary pump of the Hi impact is more forgiving with recycled water. I had a company that sells spray nozzles run me a impingement graph to compare the two systems before I bought them. Impingement is based on the impact of the water on a vehicle surface. Even though the Hi impact runs at a lower pressure it is using more water ( in essence it is using a bigger bullet) and in order for the Hi pressure unit to have the same impingement as the Hi impact it would have to run at 1400 psi.
I am sure the water cost between the systems would be less than a nickel per wash or less. Actual run time of the large pump per wash is around 45 seconds so the Hi impact you might use 15 to 20 gallons more per wash but could be closer depending on the run speed you set up. I am sure Ryko would have the water usage difference. With the Hi pressure unit you would have to replace costly pulsation dampeners and belts that the Hi impact does not need. Plus the rotary pump will run forever. I have never had to address one large Rotary pump ever.
I can change most swivels myself. The only one I do not attempt is the one that sits over the arm rotate gear box. TO change it you have to take off the arm and gear box and locating proxes. I am sure I could do it but my tech is much better at it and I would rather pay him to do it.
I have only had a couple of cable issues in the booms. If the wires are put in right at first with enough slack on the wall you should never have problem. I have had a couple of broken wires in the boom but it is usually a pretty easy fix. Control wires are the only ones I ever had trouble with.
As for Steve"s problem with customers thinking that only the right side gets the low pressure functions sometimes I addressed it as follows. I had a large pictograph sign made years ago that explains that presoak and Hi pressure comes out of the arm. All other function use overhead manifolds for trifoam wax, rinses, clear coat etc. The pictogram shows the halo arch spraying these low pressure functions. I mount the sign in the bay right outside the drivers window where they are parked during the wash. I almost never have anyone complain about the "right side only" application now. PS I gave RYKO copies of my signs years ago and told them they needed to send a similar sign out with every unit they sold. I don't think they ever did but I would still encourage them to do so.

Last edited:

MGSMN

Reaction score
I had a company that sells spray nozzles run me a impingement graph to compare the two systems before I bought them. Impingement is based on the impact of the water on a vehicle surface. Even though the Hi impact runs at a lower pressure it is using more water ( in essence it is using a bigger bullet) and in order for the Hi pressure unit to have the same impingement as the Hi impact it would have to run at 1400 psi.
Would be interesting to see an impingement graph if you replaced the HI impact nozzles with the same size Rotary Turbo nozzle (if they will work at 325psi).