What's new

Ryko pump stand

DavidM

Reaction score
I have a Ryko Signature Series pump stand from 2009 that I am working with at a wash I just purchased.

The current issue that I am working on is water pushing back into the tanks which dilutes the products. This unit has a HP soap tank, HP clear coat conditioner tank and HP wax conditioner tank. (I don't know why it has three types of wax and no presoak but that is for another day)

It appears the only thing to keep water from pushing back into the tank is the solenoid. Is there any reason not to add a check valve between the HP pump supply manifold and the lines from the soap and wax tanks?

Thanks,
David

DiamondWash

Reaction score
David,

I've had that exact problem (as seen in the attached pictures) I have talked with Ryko years ago about this and they couldn't come up with a solution, so I have had these check valves on the bottom of the tanks but one will fail as seen in the picture so I repace as needed.

20200408_132707.jpg

20200408_132138.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
If they use individual solenoids for each soap and wax, just swap the lines at the solenoid so the line from the tank goes to the "OUT" side. D/H has done that since the 70's. I do the same, eliminates a check valve to fail.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
All the bays attach to a solenoid block as in the picture, otherwise I know the way your talking about I wish it was that simple too.

1586390757958.png

MEP001

Reaction score
In that case, a single check valve under the tank won't completely solve the issue. You'll need one at each pump for the three lines. If you put one just at the tank, you may have water backing up into the soap lines from one pump, at which time no one will be getting soap.

DavidM

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I added the check valves on the tank outlet. That appears to have solved the problem. I'll keep an eye out for the issue you mentioned MEP but I don't think that will be an issue.

David

MGSMN

Reaction score
Sig1.png

Here is the hydraulic schematic to help you figure out where the water may be coming from that is pushing back into the tanks.
Be sure to check the cold water pressure regulator. To high of pressure may push water back through a closed solenoid valve that has a worn plunger seal or weak spring during cold water HP rinse. The Spot free water feed could probably do that also.

Last edited:

DavidM

Reaction score
Coming back to this old thread on a related issue. Our system has the medium pressure spot free rinse option, it appears that when spot free is running, the bypass is going into the inlet manifold which pushes water back to the high pressure soap and wax solenoids. This leads to customers in other bays losing soap while one bay is running spot free. I can't find anything in the plumbing designed to prevent this. Did Ryko really design a pump stand this flawed?

MEP001

Reaction score
You may have to add a check valve on the soap/wax lines.